New member, New layout, New pics!

crazycarl

Budweiser Man
Here's some pics of my newest layout. Its a prototype/ freelance version of the UP's Chester sub, and East St Louis engine service. Era 1990s-2005. Its a tabletop design with 2" foam insulation top. Power supplied by a DC, MRC Control Master 20. As of right no the track is just laid loose on the top so I can design on-the-fly and make sure everything runs before gluing. Its all Atlas code 100 flex and various Atlas switches. Heres the pics! (some are grainy. Crappy camera and in a hurry :D)

The over view of the room. Train/music room.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how the yard's laid out, nice job on the tower too!
Once you get rid of that pink scenery it'll really come to life.
Trucula's going to love those first two pics! :D

I like how the yard's laid out, nice job on the tower too!
Once you get rid of that pink scenery it'll really come to life.
Trucula's going to love those first two pics! :D

LOL...First thing that caught my eye!! Drums and trains!...I'd be at home!..This be my living room if I could get away with it...LOL

Drums and trains indeed! Two of my three faves also, first being target and competition shooting tough. Only bad thing is when I play.....buildings like to move. I also have to make sure the sticks DO NOT go flying out of my hands!:eek:

Very nice! Welcome!

I (being almost 16) also love the LEGO trains. Its the best of both worlds, LEGOs and Trains!! My favorite is the Emerald Night.

Drums and trains indeed! Two of my three faves also, first being target and competition shooting tough. Only bad thing is when I play.....buildings like to move. I also have to make sure the sticks DO NOT go flying out of my hands!:eek:

Say Carl,
Some Woodland Scenics hobby tack will easily solve the movement problem.

Just use a little in a couple of spots on your buildings and be sure the area is clean where you want to place them, cause it repositionable. It's quite tacky once it's dry so a little is all that's needed.

New Layout

This is the fun part and the most interesting. You have a blank slate with all of th eideas in your mind.

^^^^ Thats exactly it. The last two layouts I built, I planned and stuck to it. Bought all the track, glued and tacked it, and sceniced it. Then oh, about a month later I kept saying "man I should have done this, or should have done it this way." This time I'm planning on the fly and leaving thetrack loose to see if I like he way it operates. If I want to change something then its as easy as moving the track. I'll operate this layout for about a year, make sure I like it, then glue and scenic.

Back