New locos for my stable.

Ronzzr11

I got back from three weeks in Pennsylvania last Sunday,but have,nt been able to post photos until now, as I,ve had to get a new computer tower.Anyway I went to Dicks Train Store in Altoona several times, as I had a shopping list of parts and couplers I needed for my layout.
I got three locos, two CSX diesels,and due to seeing the Berkshire 765 going through Altoona, a Rivarossi Berkshire.
The Dash 9 is from the Athearn ready to run range, while the SD45 is a Genesis model.Other than a coupler swap to Kadee on all three locos, and painting the diesel wheels with a Floquil rust paint pen,they are straight from the box.
Ron

It is a long trip over,but I like the fact that my locos come from a store thats just a stones throw away from the Juniata shops, home to so many PRR and NS locomotives.
I always make up a shopping list before I fly over,for all the parts and decals I need for my layout. One thing I did find, was a set of Floquil paint pens,which would have saved so much time when I was painting the rails on my track.
Ron

Wow those look great, good choices.

I think he was doing "research" on the PRR while in the states right?

Wow those look great, good choices.

I think he was doing "research" on the PRR while in the states right?

Not doing research as such, but I did spend a lot of time in Altoona watching trains,and visiting the new roundhouse at the Railroaders museum, as well as going over to Strasburg to see both the railroad museum there,and ride on the Strasburg railroad.
I also made sure to take photos of the switch tower at Altoona as I believe it may soon be gone for good.
Ron

Back