New Layout, Suggestions Needed

Work schedule has me busy, and honestly down in the dumps since there is no play time, but a little progress was made…
Got my single track truss bridge done and am in the process of joining the 2 raised tracks and getting them to the start of the helix. Really need the spring weather so I can be outside for all the wood cuts needed to continue benchwork for the upper level, but if I get this bit of track done will leave me just the industrial spurs for bottom level to finish up. Might decide what I want where and start kit purchasing…
At least you can run trains. I’m a long way away from that. ☹️

Work schedule has me busy, and honestly down in the dumps since there is no play time, but a little progress was made…
Don't fret the lost modeling time Chris.
Your mind is a fertile model railroading world.
I keep myself busy thinking about the characters and equipment.
Create stories to give the railroad more depth of "Reality". :)
Used to tell my children that if it happened on the model railroad, then it's real. o_O 🤣

Just found out another move is imminent, just the way it goes I suppose…. As such I have decided to disassemble the track and go modular, 4’x ?”. I kinda like this prospect more now that I have figured a few more things out, capable of an even better build. And doing modular I believe I can scenic as I go using some research, still want to stick to my original area of southern Indiana/northern Kentucky. Will be starting project soon so hope to keep you updated on an updated thread, maybe I will see you there 😉

Back