New Guy

CPR Zee

Hi All,

New guy here, my name is Sandro (friends call me Zee) and I am in Cambridge Ontario, Canada.

I have been into trains pretty well my whole life, since 1970. Got my first train set at the age of 5 and have been hooked ever since.
I have been modelling the CPR for the whole journey so far, my favorite era would be from the mid 60's to the late 70's into the early eighties I guess.

I have a small layout 6.5' x 11' and it keeps me busy enough, about all I can handle at this point of my life lol.o_O
My favorite thing to do besides building the layout... and maybe running trains is Weathering, mainly Locomotives, rolling stock and buildings.

My occupation is that I am an Automation Tech that has managed a build assembly shop at a small to medium Automation company in Southern Ontario.
I have been in manufacturing for 35 years.

I am looking forward to being a part of this cool forum... I have never been a part of any organiized Train club or forum.
So I am looking forward to having some fun here.

Z

Hi All,

New guy here, my name is Sandro (friends call me Zee) and I am in Cambridge Ontario, Canada.

I have been into trains pretty well my whole life, since 1970. Got my first train set at the age of 5 and have been hooked ever since.
I have been modelling the CPR for the whole journey so far, my favorite era would be from the mid 60's to the late 70's into the early eighties I guess.

I have a small layout 6.5' x 11' and it keeps me busy enough, about all I can handle at this point of my life lol.o_O
My favorite thing to do besides building the layout... and maybe running trains is Weathering, mainly Locomotives, rolling stock and buildings.

My occupation is that I am an Automation Tech that has managed a build assembly shop at a small to medium Automation company in Southern Ontario.
I have been in manufacturing for 35 years.

I am looking forward to being a part of this cool forum... I have never been a part of any organiized Train club or forum.
So I am looking forward to having some fun here.

Z
Howdy, Zee

Welcome to MRR Forums!
Your layout size of 6.5' x 11' is a good size - you can do a lot with that!

Is Cambridge near or far from Thunder Bay? I took a R/T vacation by passenger train from Vancouver, B.C. to Thunder Bay, Ontario - great trip.:)
Hope to repeat it sometime but going thru to Montreal and Quebec City.

Welcome to MRR Forums!
Your layout size of 6.5' x 11' is a good size - you can do a lot with that!

Is Cambridge near or far from Thunder Bay? I took a R/T vacation by passenger train from Vancouver, B.C. to Thunder Bay, Ontario - great trip.:)
Hope to repeat it sometime but going thru to Montreal and Quebec City.
We're about a 17 hour drive South of Thunder Bay, located 1 hour west of Toronto on highway 401.

Ahoy Zee,

I am also a "new guy" to these Forums so rather than welcome you, I hope we both will enjoy the exchanges from the members that will make all of this well worth the while.

My connection with Canada goes way back - God-parents from Montreal; in-laws in Halifax and many cross-Canada rail trips (four) aboard The Canadian (in double-bedrooms when it was affordable!).

VIA Rail was my passenger road of choice for decades - but as with Amtrak down here, service deteriorated; schedules became less "friendly," and so forth. Glad that I had the experiences to travel the rails by VIA and BC Rail - pretty much covered the landscape; all for pleasure and all pleasurable.

One aspect of our hobby is to vicariously "re-live" the experiences we have had (or dreamed of having).

Tom in Missouri

Back