New addition to my locomotive roster

vikramgoel

A new addition to my Locomotive roster an Indian Railways N class 2-10-0 locomotive with smoke deflectors. These locomotives were used on the Western ghats haul goods trains up the 1 in 37 gradient between Bombay and Igatpuri. Twenty of them were built during 1920-21 by the North British Locomotive Company. it was a 4 cylinder non-articulated goods locomotive ever built and the largest non-articulated locomotive to run in India.

N-SD.jpg

A new addition to my Locomotive roster an Indian Railways N class 2-10-0 locomotive with smoke deflectors. These locomotives were used on the Western ghats haul goods trains up the 1 in 37 gradient between Bombay and Igatpuri. Twenty of them were built during 1920-21 by the North British Locomotive Company. it was a 4 cylinder non-articulated goods locomotive ever built and the largest non-articulated locomotive to run in India.
Are you running broad gauge, or is the model adapted to run on a standard gauge track?

Are you running broad gauge, or is the model adapted to run on a standard gauge track?

I run on HO on my layout Indian Broad gauge does not actually fit HO but there is no commercial products in the correct scale. I just use HO and have teh models bashed to look Indian from standard RTR models.
Regards,

Vik.

WOW! Great job of "bashing". Looks as if some Pennsylvania draftsmen helped design the firebox. Good work and paint too!

WOW! Great job of "bashing". Looks as if some Pennsylvania draftsmen helped design the firebox. Good work and paint too!

Sherrel ,

You are correct this is bashed PRR I1sa locomotive which has been modified to Indian structures. Note the split cab with a cab extension over leading edge of the tender; this design which is a very distinctively Indian Railways.

Thanks,

Here is my Ho scale YP class 4-6-2 locomotive with synchronized smoke, DCC & sound. These were operated all over the country on the meter gauge network. One of the few Indian locos with Smoke deflectors and could be easily spotted. Usual practice by the crews were to decorate the deflectors.

YP1.jpg

Attachments

• 2568613_orig.jpg
    2568613_orig.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 163

Back