Need help in wiring

One more question,
Like I said, when it comes to electricity, I don't know much. I always try to find the answers on the net before bothering anyone, but again, I'm confuse. Some will say to wire differently then others, but what is right?
Here you'll see one mentions the red way and the other the yellow way.
Thank you again

View attachment 59580
As for the other loop (helix), would you wire them before each gap you've mentioned?

My reverse loop is gapped on all 4 rails where the yellow dots are. Works perfect. Run an independent buss all the way around the reverse section for feeders from the AR output.

Attachments

• Llyoyd staging.jpg
    Llyoyd staging.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 137
For the helix area you could supply it from the staging power district or the exposed level district. your choice.

Attachments

• staging area2.jpg
    staging area2.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 128
My reverse loop is gapped on all 4 rails where the yellow dots are. Works perfect. Run an independent buss all the way around the reverse section for feeders from the AR output.

Sorry Rick, what do you mean run a separate buss?
My main buss should stop before the turnout (first red dot)? and start a new one just for the loop? How is it being fed (by the AR1)?
Thanks for all your help

Yes, the main buss stops at the gap and goes into the input of the AR. The output of the AR will be a separate buss for the entire reversing section. Easy peasy LOL

The connection to the right, shouldn't it be on the main level? Doesn't the distance need to be a bit more than your longest train?

My suggestion is to have the reversing section start just to the right of the turnout leaving staging and go up to the top of the helix somewhere.

Ok I think I got everything needed. That was GREAT help thanks.

Oops 2 more questions
1) I guess the helix should have 2 different buss right?
2) Going back to the loop, since I wire every track and it will be wired to the new independent bus line coming from the AR1, won't the first track wired with that bus affect the length of the train? same for the helix?

The helix will have 2 separate busses.
You lost me on the train length? Train length will be limited to what fits in the end of line reverse loop. I'm sure the helix is 5 times longer than that.

If I connect just the 2 red dots, then the length of the train is the length of the loop, but if I connect to a new bus an then feed every track, doesn't the length of the train is no longer than from the the first red dot to the first yellow dot on the bottom?

View attachment 59587

With only 1 track coming into the loop your train length is dictated by the convergence point of the turnout.

Attachments

• staging area4.jpg
    staging area4.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 178
If you want to be able to turn longer trains around you could move the loop turnout over to the left.

Attachments

• staging area2.jpg
    staging area2.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 161
Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. The AR senses the short instantly when the loco wheels bridge the gap and reverses it for you. Still amazes me to this day.

Back