N Christmas Village

pdxtrains

Hello Friends:

I'm building a simple temporary christmas layout using N scale trains in foreground with some Z on a higher Mountain for forced perspective--and because it'sf fun to use both!

I'm looking for ideas for N gauge christmas village buildings. What do you use on your N layouts? Anything like DEPT 56 for n scale (it can be close enough--doesn't have to be exactly to scale.) Thanks!

Are you asking more about the theme/type of building? Or are you more narrowly focused on that particular manufacturer?

Or to put it another way, are you asking about which of those city themes to go with? Classic Christian themes-small town Christmas, or "The Nightmare before Christmas" type theme?

As a beginning, the two most basic would have to be a RR station and, given the origin of the holiday, a church. IMO anyway.

--------

If you are looking for a source for those types of ceramic, original art buildings, I MIGHT have a source for you. Might.

I'm building a simple temporary christmas layout using N scale trains in foreground with some Z on a higher Mountain for forced perspective--and because it'sf fun to use both!

I'm looking for ideas for N gauge christmas village buildings. What do you use on your N layouts? Anything like DEPT 56 for n scale (it can be close enough--doesn't have to be exactly to scale.) Thanks!
I presume this layout will NOT be under a tree. N-scale christmas villages get "lost in the shuffle" if they are on the floor under a tree.

I got a set (25 or so) of unpainted ceramic buildings at Hobby Lobby that I use for N-scale. Each family member painted one building each year for a while until we ran out. Unfortunately that was 1990s and I haven't seen these things since. Walmart had a set two years ago. They were already painted. Don't know if those will re-surface or not.

Back