My update pics of high desert mnt pass.

Jess Red Horse

Friendly Indian!
OK, so I woke up after midnight and could not fall back to sleep, what else is there to do but go work on the layout until 5 AM, the house is quiet, the two grandsons, the dog and the wife are fast sleep so theres no distractions....hummmm, I wonder if I can get my mountain pass done in one night?

here as some pics of what did get finished last night,

The pic belows shows the layout before I installed the illistrated town back drop and the 3D High desert mountain range.

Your finally going to get to see what is behind the barn doors on my base work,

Benchworkdoorsclosedbeforepaint.jpg

TAH DAH!!!

The left side holds my military stock and locos.

Benchworkstorageshelvestext.jpg

The rear of the mnt and back drop work,

BenchworkbacksideofMntboard.jpg

This is where the back drop (house illistrations) and the plaster work will meet,

BenchworkCornermntworkwoplaster.jpg

Here is the back ground I made some time ago,

Benchwork3BMcoveredhoppersbackdrop.jpg

The back ground has working lights, 3D roof toppers like chimnies, signs, and even a light up water tower (Tower not fastened to roof top yet!

BenchworkAthearnF7wbackdrop.jpg

Full view of back ground, still needs a lot of detail painting on the back drops hills and mountains,

Benchworkbackdropunpaintedflatmnts.jpg

Now I got some work done on my high desert mountain pass, heres a few pics.

Benchwork3layerplastermnts.jpg

Benchworkfulllayoutprepaintedmnts.jpg

I still need to install the new trees,

BenchworkBillBoardandunplantedtrees.jpg

Benchworkfullplastermntrange.jpg

Benchworkfullwithbackground.jpg

Benchworkplastermntstrainpass.jpg

Bear cave lower left

Benchworkplastermntcave.jpg

Hand carved cactus,

Benchworkplastermntrightcorner.jpg

Well, maybe today if I don't have to drive to Massachusetts I can get some more done....again thanks for checking out my pics!

Jess Red Horse of the "Sleepless in Ossipsse" Tribe.

Very creative backdrop, Jess. I don't think I've ever seen one quite like it before. What did you use to make the buildings?

Very creative backdrop, Jess. I don't think I've ever seen one quite like it before. What did you use to make the buildings?

Thanks for the reply, The buildings were copied on a copier from black and white scetches out of a Model rail Roading magazine, they published the pics of the building fronts in HO scale so that modelers could copy them, color them and attach them to whater they wanted too, so I copied, colored cut out and pasted mine too 1/8th " think sheets of cork board before glueing the cork boards to the sheet rock.

I want to copy 4 of the same height walls and glue them around a wood box to see if I can make a nice 4 dimentional building.?

Who knows , it might work out, I like trying weird stuff anyway.
Happy Rails My New Friend!

Back