My new Piece of coolness

SD45T-2

Ive been wanting one of these for years, Yes Years. so on ebay this pops up.
I snag it up.

I am 5'5 so take a guess at the size of this.

:D

Words,cant explane the happiness i have.

Nice.

Is it real? Looks to be. The "thick" lettering makes it post 1958.

RICO, I don't think Santa Fe bridges used this type of sign. SD45T-2's sign is more for stations and other buildings. The bridges I know use black and white heralds and they are painted on not placards. There is a unique bridge in Williams, AZ with a blue herald, but it is painted on and not a placard like SD45T-2's sign. There used to be a blue and white herald (painted) on a bridge over the 91 freeway in California, but this has mostly weathered off...could be completely gone by now.

Collecting Santa Fe memorabilia can be addicting. My dad and I have been collecting Santa Fe items for many years. Our prize pieces include a station clock and lounge car smoke stand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice.

Is it real? Looks to be. The "thick" lettering makes it post 1953.

RICO, I don't think Santa Fe bridges used this type of sign. SD45T-2's sign is more for stations and other buildings. The bridges I know use black and white heralds and they are painted on not placards. There is a unique bridge in Williams, AZ with a blue herald, but it is painted on and not a placard like SD45T-2's sign. There used to be a blue and white herald (painted) on a bridge over the 91 freeway in California, but this has mostly weathered off...could be completely gone by now.

Collecting Santa Fe memorabilia can be addicting. My dad and I have been collecting Santa Fe items for many years. Our prize pieces include a station clock and lounge car smoke stand.

My sign is Fiberglass. Ive seen a few signs over my days,chasing ATSF from Highland park to Santa fe NM. There is a Sign on the Azuza bridge on the near abandon Pasadena sub.

i emailed Cynthia priest,about my sign as she is on my facebook friends list.
I think it is off a SFTT 40' Trailer in the front.

such as below.

http://www.diecastdirect.com/images/ATH28016.jpg

I dont think its a bridge, or depot sign,and i think its from the 70's.
There is another sign the same size,but its metal on ebay.

As far as collecting crap, lol. I have the UP Yard flag that flown over The UP yard near hobart. I also have a pair of super chief tickets,along wth a ATSF Spur sign. "Virgina point". i even have a NTSB accident report. Theeres a ton of stuff,but its boxed away

Back