My HO layout

Busy building the 'Tar road' surface aswell as laying down the 1st layer of the dam....also did some foam work which will become rockface soon.....

Right,so here's my trackplan.....awaiting my turntable & a few pieces of track still.....

Top right on right wing is the grain towers with extra siding.....right bottom is diesel depot including sanding towers....green blocks = station buildings.....Left wing consists mainly of logging plant & logging taking place top centre above dam......layout measurements: 1x6meters

Do you find that your track bows as locos roll across? I just noticed that you have no support under sections of track???

No bows to report of.......the right wing still needs a couple of supports here & there,but nothing critical....as for the unsupported track on the left wing across from the logging depot....it's supported by stiff black foam blocks which sits in the middle of the track on the bend.....yet again,no flex ro report there either......Say Kellan,I can't wait for those items to arrive,sure gonna make a big difference once all is installed........so far I havn't had a big derailment,only the odd car here & there slipping a wheel,but that's it......still working out bugs......

Left wing taking shape......got a new tanker truck today........Street racers gettin away from the cops @ the bottom ;)

Build a bridge over the stream so the loggin can begin on the other side of the dam.....

Right...so,I'm getting ready to install the Turntable & loco shed(on it's way from Canada).....so slowly the 'Right wing' will be taking shape....I re-organized the tracks & a couple of other stuff & created more space that way......more to come ;)

Here's a couple of pics in better quality than those I've posted ( which was done with my cellphone)..... ;)

Yet another extension....this time round I'm gonna build myself a switch-yard....with a entry/exit line,3 sidings to the right & 2 to the left.....a mirror at the end of the righthand side.....more to come......I'm almost more excited about my new extention than my entire layout.......extention measurements : 3 meters x 300mm

Nice Layout Jamie.
Just a note. I noticed in a few of your pics that you have a couple of kinks in the rail. You might want to straighten them out. It will prevent a lot of derailments in the future and shouldn't take too long to do.

Thanx....most of them are corrected by now....but I'm having tons of fun working out 'bugs'....building/rebuilding track etc.......keep watching this space ;)

Just realized that 7 months ago I didn't have a layout & all my stock was boxed up & packed away................Will post pics as soon as my newest stock arrives...including a turntable.... ;)

Jannie, that SF unit looks like it survived the trip to South Africa just fine!!! Put her to good use!! ;)

Back