My adventures in Ho Scale.

Pardon my construction mess!

I was able to spend several hours on the layout over the Thanksgiving break., Here is the progress.

Continued around the bend ad started the descend out of the mountains. The space between the straight and the backdrop is where the grain facility is going to reside (first photo). The coal mine will be located inside that sweeping curve (second photo).
IMG_1023.jpeg

IMG_1022.jpeg

I also got the bus wires ran for all the raised sub roadbed I've done so far. All I have to do now is trim it and put it in the terminal strip and it should all be live.

IMG_1024.jpeg

Pardon my construction mess!

I was able to spend several hours on the layout over the Thanksgiving break., Here is the progress.

Continued around the bend ad started the descend out of the mountains. The space between the straight and the backdrop is where the grain facility is going to reside (first photo). The coal mine will be located inside that sweeping curve (second photo).
View attachment 177363

View attachment 177365

I also got the bus wires ran for all the raised sub roadbed I've done so far. All I have to do now is trim it and put it in the terminal strip and it should all be live.

View attachment 177364
Wow! Got a lot done Mike, you'll soon be running trains, wish I had that kind space, makes mine look like it's in Z scale :)

I totally agree with that ! Is there a track plan somewhere ?
There is no track plan, (not on paper that is). It's all been making it up as I go along.

There has been a lot of discussion and bouncing ideas off of a couple members here that has helped me evolve this layout into what it is. I'm very happy as to how its moving along. Considering two years ago I had pretty much lost interest in the hobby. They gave me the shot in the arm to get going on something again.

There is no track plan, (not on paper that is). It's all been making it up as I go along.

There has been a lot of discussion and bouncing ideas off of a couple members here that has helped me evolve this layout into what it is. I'm very happy as to how its moving along. Considering two years ago I had pretty much lost interest in the hobby. They gave me the shot in the arm to get going on something again.

I'd say that you are building a layout that most of us (maybe all of us?) would be proud to own.

I had lost interest in the hobby a very long time ago, around the mid 1980's. It took me opening my dad's boxes of train stuff 3 months ago to rekindle my interest in the hobby, and I'm so glad I didn't wait any longer to get started. I'm thoroughly enjoying this hobby again, and having more fun with it than I ever had before.

I've been on this forum for a short time, but I've already learned so much from the members here, and I can't tell everyone how much I appreciate their input.

I've been on this forum for a short time, but I've already learned so much from the members here, and I can't tell everyone how much I appreciate their input.
Thanks for the kind words.

I am a member of most every U.S. model railroading forum out there. I am only active on this one. This forum doesn't have the foot traffic as some of the others, but the members here are the reason this is my favorite. It's been very helpful over the years!

Back