mth explains lol

blackz28

Well I open up the latest issue of modelrailroader mag , a full page ad
dispelling myths about MTH LOL negative press on the forums finally effecting sales

Attachments

• 20140201_070455.jpg
    20140201_070455.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 207
I suppose that is what happens to a company that spends more money on lawyers then they do any other single thing.

Maybe if they spent as much on R&D of their DCS/DCC issues as they did on that ad, they could be well on their way to not needing the ad in the first place.

Interesting. First that youtube video, now this. Do they explain the failure of the new Challengers and Big Boys? I sure like to see what they say about that.

[..snicker...] All them chickens is flappin' an' comin' home tuh roost, huh? Welcome to the real world of HO, MTH. Now you can play with the bigger boys who have already gone through their baptisms of fire. Learning how to deal with an angry clientelle, how tough it is to please the customer and to ensure you keep loyal fans, and generally how to play nice with the others in the same friggin' sandbox!!! Not your own sandbox. All the gee-whiz techno-wizardry won't win you loyal fans if you are contrarian and impose restrictions on potential customers that they can't/won't breach. Duplicating locomotives in direction competition is not wise when the competition is already established, when their products work with control systems already used by 100% of the hobby, and when litigious practices cost all of us more money in the end. Try not to be so damned in-your-face about your products from now on. Everyone has a bad year or two, and now it's your turn.

Did anyone else notice the statement that they " . . . allow the locomotive to run at scale (1/86) speed." So their HO scale products are to a 1/86 scale???

Funny the first release of the MTH big boys in 2010 were gone a.s.a.p but now all the athearn big boys
are sold out & the venders still have plenty of MTH ho scale big boys still unsold

powered couplers only on the engine is not enough, every car needs it, and must be cost effective, doesnt exist. Kadee wins. I don't need powered couplers. MTH still wants to be proprietary, they seem to show some bending to the NMRA needs, but its not enough, you have to have their system to access everything, I am not buying 2 systems for one layout. DCC wins. Incorrect sound on the Little Joe, sounds like a diesel, Little Joe is really very quiet. While working pantagraphs my be interesting, when using true working overhead, both pans down dont work. working pans not new, done on an O scale model in the 50's (custom work) even then the maker mentioned it was more an action thing for visitor viewers than real operating sessions. Don't really need working pans unless I mod my layout. MTH still acting toyish in a prototypical HO modeling world.

I am glad to hear the feedback about MTH. While I really have no use for the larger locomotives like the Big Boy because of 90 foot turntables and not modeling the UP, somewhere down the line they could come up with a smaller locomotive I might be interested in. After all of the negative comments, I will scratch them off of my list of manufacturers.

Back