More scenery improvements

2002p51

Here are a couple of "before" photos:

layout011-vi.jpg

This is the west end of the layout where the tracks curve around and go through the backdrop into staging.

0202011-vi.jpg

The branch also goes through the back drop.

And here's what that area looks like today:

042702-vi.jpg

042703-vi.jpg

Still a lot more to do, that reddish brown area on the right and above the tunnels will also be covered in trees and greenery, but I think it's coming along nicely.

very nice, good to see a before and after picture :)

Those trees are great, really look nice and real. Are these made from scratch or?

very nice, good to see a before and after picture :)

Those trees are great, really look nice and real. Are these made from scratch or?

Nope, Woodland Scenics deciduous trees, right out of the box. I got two boxes of 14 trees (28 trees) from Scenics Express for $55.00. Just under two bucks a tree. That's about the cheapest ready made trees I've found.

It sure makes you feel good when you can get the scenery going and makes you want to push on.

It sure makes you feel good when you can get the scenery going and makes you want to push on.

It really does, that unfinished area to the right of the tracks is now all green and I'm ready to start adding underbrush and then it will be time for more trees! :)

How about another picture please :)

Okay, here ya go. But keep in mind this is just sort of the "base coat".

050201-vi.jpg

There will be more trees and underbrush between the tracks and the house and church.

I'm going to define the church parking lot with a little landscaping and there will be a car parked in the driveway of the house, etc., etc.

Pretty neat. What size is your layout? You have a scenic divider correct? Did you make that cement wall next to the tunnel. Looks very good so far

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty neat. What size is your layout? You have a scenic divider correct? Did you make that cement wall next to the tunnel. Looks very good so far

The layout is approximately 8-1/2' by 12' including staging. Yes, that big ugly brown mountain is a scene divider. The retaining walls and tunnel portals are all from Woodland Scenics.

Here's the thread on the overall layout:

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26524

Back