More Old School Builds

Gary B

The Fox Valley Railroad
Hey I'm back with some more Plasticville finds from the DuPage Show in October. Three more out of production buildings that ended up costing me $2 a piece. The Car Dealer the guy didn't even want o sell me because he could not figure out how it made a complete building. The road race pit stop and frosty stand are very hard to find. I didn't even know I had the second until I looked in the bottom of a box of stuff I bought. That one I'm still working on and will post later. This is the before pictures, one month ago.

Attachments

• BEFORE (1).JPG
    BEFORE (1).JPG
    620.3 KB · Views: 179
  • BEFORE (2).JPG
    BEFORE (2).JPG
    620.4 KB · Views: 172
  • BEFORE (3).JPG
    BEFORE (3).JPG
    541.3 KB · Views: 162
And after a months work we have a Chevy dealer and a not quite complete out building. I didn't put all the details around like the S&L I posted since I don't have a home on the layout for these. The frosty stand I should be posting in a few days

Attachments

• FRANKIES CHEVROLET  (1).JPG
    FRANKIES CHEVROLET (1).JPG
    655.7 KB · Views: 178
  • FRANKIES CHEVROLET  (2).JPG
    FRANKIES CHEVROLET (2).JPG
    591.4 KB · Views: 170
  • FRANKIES CHEVROLET  (3).JPG
    FRANKIES CHEVROLET (3).JPG
    633.1 KB · Views: 175
  • FRANKIES CHEVROLET  (4).JPG
    FRANKIES CHEVROLET (4).JPG
    572.1 KB · Views: 167
Those look GREAT. I went to the show for the first time last Sunday with my family. I was overwhelmed by the size of it and by running after my 3-year-old son, but I'm looking forward to going back when I can take my time and look for some great stuff like this. (Although it may take a while before I can see the "after" while looking at the "before.")

I agree, so far looks great! Often considered getting the car dealer as a kid but never did. Paid $10 for the Plasticville Bachmann Bro. Industries, at the Allentown show last week, in the box. Can't wait to see more of your 'rennovations.'

Nice job on the car dealership. I especially like your efforts on the stone work. If you can find the Plasticville Auto Body Shop, it matches the service department of the car dealership and I believe it even has a matching stone wall on one end. It would be a nice expansion of your dealership.

In the "after" shot in front of the chevy dealership.......I see a cop on a skateboard......sweet! :D

Thanks everybody it was a fun little project.
Jim - not familiar with Auto Body Shop, I'll have to look it up. I thought the stone work would make or break it so I spent my time on it and the stone covered roof.
Rico - I wasn't sure about the green color, but the spray can insisted I use it. The texture is the way the kit is made.
Otiscnj - I've got some pics floating around of my take on that factory kit. I was tempted to buy another.
And yes - We equip our Police with hover boards. Easier than hopping fences to catch the bad guys.

Thanks everybody it was a fun little project.
Jim - not familiar with Auto Body Shop, I'll have to look it up. I thought the stone work would make or break it so I spent my time on it and the stone covered roof.

The Plasticville Auto Body shop is basicly the service dept of the car dealership made as a stand alone unit. I would get one and build it with the stone wall on the opposite end (from what the instructions show) and place it on the layout so the garage doors of both structures face each other. Then the stone wall side of each structure would face the street.
I believe that in the 1990s, Plasticville introduced a completely different kit and called it an Auto Body Shop, so make sure you get the older one that looks like its part of the car dealership.

$T2eC16RHJH8E9qSEVn8vBRecWeGIGQ~~60_35.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim - I've never seen that kit! I know they came out with the showroom side as a hamburger stand. I have the other Body Shop on the layout. I'll have to keep an eye out for your kit. It would make a great addition. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

New Industries (36) - Copy.JPGDSCF5005.jpgNew Industries (13) - Copy.jpg

Otiscnj - I've posted these before but this is my take on the factory, I'm guessing it's the same kit that you picked up.

Back