More E Bay shennagins ---- Wackos

This deal dates back a bit about 4 years in fact but on the BACKSIDE of it it is , I think quite funny. Hope you see the humor as well now.
At that time ( 2008) I had bought 45 1/32 model cars in a buy it now deal on E bay. The cars all looked great in the listing & I'm sure they were , TILL the guy dumped them all loose in a 12 X 12 box & tossed in a couple of pieces of bubble wrap . The shipping listed was 24.95 which I paid --no argument .
This is what he said about shipping:

WILL BE SHIPPED IN A 18X18X18 BOX AS EACH PIECE WILL BE WRAPPED INDIVIDUALLY-SIZE OF BOX WIL NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE IN SHIPPING CHARGES BUT WILL ADD ABOUT 2 POUNDS TO WEIGHT BUT, FOR SAFER DELIVERY I WILL DO THIS, IF YOU WANT THEM SHIPPED WITH JUST ENOUGH PACKING YOU CAN SAVE ABOUT 2 POUNDS ON WEIGHT WHICH MEANS YOU WOULD SAVE 2-4 DOLLARS ONLY<

A couple of days later he E mailed that he had sent them in a 12 X 12 box & was refunding me $ 1.75. I was never asked about changing the packing method & it was already sent before I knew what he had done.

I got the cars -- over half were broken in one way or another-- mostly bumpers & W/Shields, wheels broken off , just a mess.

I asked him about it & he said I OPTED for the cheap way to ship , but if I left him good feed back, he would give me $ 10.00 back, I thought about that for about 2 seconds & left this feed back. :

packed poor most cars broken offered 10$dis.said I wanted shipped cheap not true

About a half hour later I got this E Mail :

Dear camwtatt,

A REAL PROFESSIONAL AT LYING, TOUCH NOT MINE ANOINTED, YOU HAVE LIED TO AND
ABOUT THE HOLY GHOST, WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND, YOU WILL BE BLOCKED
FROM EVERY BUYING FROM ME AGAIN AND, WHEN EVERY THING GOES WRONG IN YOUR
LIFE YOU WILL LOOK BACK TO THIS DAY.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE LYING, THE FIRST LIE WAS WHEN YOU LIED ABOUT ME JUST DUMPING
THEM IN A BOX, YOU OR SOMEONE, MAYBE EVEN THE PO DROPPED THE BOX AND WILL
NOT ADMIT IT.
YOU CHOSE THE CHEAP WHEY TO SHIP RATHER THEN SPEND A COUPLE BUCKS MORE, I
HOPE YOU CAN FACE PEOPLE KNOWING YOU HAVE LIED TO AND ABOUT A CHRISTIAN,
REPENT OF YOUR SINS AND BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND ADMIT YOUR LIES
AND YOU COULD STILL BE SAVED BUT UNTIL YOU DO ADMIT YOU HAVE LIED ABOUT ME,
YOU WILL NEVER MAKE IT TO HEAVEN, GOD BLESS YOU, JESUS STILL LOVES YOU AND
WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU IN HEAVEN, TO BAD HE WILL NOT

After I quit laughing , I sent him this reply:

I paid the full 24.95 you asked for when you described an 18 X 18 box --YOU chose to put them in a 12 inch box with a couple pieces of bubble wrap tossed in. It was you who decided to refund a whole 1.75 on shipping AFTER it was sent. I was generous in my feedback --- all things considered. Blocking me I consider to be an act of kindness, lest I forget & accidently try to buy from you again. Thanks.
As far as invoking some sort of Christian curse on me , being an American Indian, we long ago learned to deal with all the grief the Christians of the world could dish out , so I'm not particulary impressed . Sorry it does not scare me. Have a nice day.

Somehow it seems as tho every time I have a problem on E bay , I get a whacko Christian ( I know they are not all whack jobs but when one is --whew!!) The last time was when I sold a roundhouse Galloping Goose kit ( which was a rather poor attempt at a goose, it was a box cab diesel & a box car thing with no power, but I had included a power unit. I had described the thing exactly & had pics of it both closed & open showing all the componets. The guy that bought it started yelling that it was full of junk when he opened it & where was the Brass Goose I had listed . He filed with e bay & I had to give him back his money AND he demanded 20.00 to ship it back!! E bay was NO help - in the meantime I got a bunch of letters invoking even MORE Christian curses & such -- a real nasty bunch of mail.

When I got the kit back , HE HAD NOT EVEN UNWRAPPED IT!! I am sure he was surfing E Bay & saw " Galloping Goose" at the last second, and at 40 bucks thought he was stealing a BRASS RGS GOOSE so he bid , won & THEN read the listing!!

Anyway I thought you guys might get a laugh out this whackos letter.

Then --- The next day I get this from the guy!
I consider it a success to have pissed him off this bad . It was worth every penny !!!

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I EXPECT FROM A CRAZY INDIAN WHO WANTS EVERYTHING FOR NOTHING, NOW I KNOW YOU PLOT, YOU ARE LYING AND WAS JUST TRYING TO GET SOMETHING FOR NOTHING AS THE INDIAN NATION HAS TRIED FOR A HUNDRED YEARS.
IF YOU HAD ANY SENSE YOU WOULD READ THE LISTING THAT EXPLAINED THAT I WOULD ONLY SHIP IN A 18X18X18 BOX IF YOU CONTACTED ME AND LET ME KNOW YOU WANTED TO PAY THE EXTRA CHARGES WHICH I INVOICED YOU FOR BUT BEING A CHEAP WANT SOMETHING FOR NOTHING LIKE YOU ARE, CHOOSE TO PAY THE CHEAPER WAY.
IF YOU WAS NOT SO CHEAP AND TRYING TO RIP ME OFF AND TO THINK I OFFERED TO REFUND YOU $10.00 FOR SOMETHING THAT WAS NOT MY MISTAKE, IT MIGHT BE DIFFERENT BUT NOW YOU ARE NOT ONLY ABLE TO FOLLOW SIMPLE RULES AND DESCRIPTIONS BUG YOU HAVE TO TELL LIES TO TRY TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK GOOD.
WHAT A IDIOT, THE CHIEFS SHOULD REALLY BE PROUD TO KNOW THERE BLOOD FLOWS IN A SUCH A ANIMAL AS YOU ARE.
DO NOT WRIT ME BACK AS I WILL NOT OPEN ANY MORE OF YOUR EMAILS FULL OF LIES
AND BY THE WAY, IT IS NOT INVOKING A CURSE ON YOU, YOU DONE THAT YOURSELF WHEN YOU MADE DECISION TO LIE ON EBAY, YOU WILL BE FOR SUBJECT OF MANY THOUSANDS OF LISTINGS WHEN I TELL A COUPLE THOUSAND BUYERS I HAVE, THE TRUE STORY, I WOULD NOT TRY SELLING ON EBAY AS YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT, THEY DO NOT ALLOW PEOPLE WHO COULD NOT PASS KINDER GARDEN TO SELL

What really is sad , is that the cars weren't junk when I bought them, the pics he had posted showed them to be pretty much intact. After I dumped all the loose , broken off parts out of the box & sorted through them, I found that some pieces must have worked their way out the bottom of the box , which was not sealed well on the bottom. I am missing several headlights, mirrors, a few bumper halves & some other parts so I could not even glue them back on. NUTS!!
I managed to restore about 8 or 10 of the 45 he sent & fabricated parts for another 10 . There are about 10 that are not hurt, of course most of these are cars that I really was not interested in, corvettes, mustang, cobra & several 1903-4-5 era horseless carriage types.

Yes , I know he is not typical of Christians , It is just amusing how whackos like this throw that kind of thing around when confronted. His level of education seems to be lacking a bit of history instruction judging from the comment about Indians trying to get something for nothing when the reality of it is that the Indians were a prime example of the problems encountered of not controlling their borders & immigration properly ------------We finally figured out we had piss-poor immigration policies!! :eek:

Dave

The funny thing is.... There was a guy in the New York/New Jersey area with such an attitude in his auction listings (and feedback to match) and I couldn't help but laugh at the person selling the stuff. Half the stuff he was selling as new was broken (it could be seen from the photos) and when someone left him bad feedback for broken items due to poor packaging or not showing the damage in the photos, he would respond to the feedback publicly and berate them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the hassle of dealing with ebay. You never know what you are actually getting til its at your front door and you see it first hand. Their is many scam artist out there trying to make a buck.
When you shop on ebay your rolling the dice!
Yes there is some great deals to be found on ebay but thats not always the case.

Sorry for your problems that you came across on ebay. Some people are just arrogant and shouldnt be aloud to sell any thing!!

Out of the couple hundred transactions I have done on Ebay all went excellent except for 2. Weird thing is both were from Canadian sellers. One sent me a box of scraps that was supposed to be an engine house. He said he hadn't looked in the box just figured it was all there. He was good about it, refunded all my money including postage and told me to keep what I could use and just throw the rest out. The other transaction was for an Athearn SW7 I wanted for a project I was doing. The guy listed it as in mint condition. I got the loco and took it out of the box. The front truck fell off. I never thought a locomotive could get this worn out. The wheels had grooves in them from all the hours of running it had on it. I complained to him, but he would not admit to anything. Wouldn't give a refund or even replace broken parts. I left him bad feedback to which he responded "Nice Guy but has unrealistic expectatons." I put in a complaint with Ebay, which was a complete waste of time. I ended up cutting my losses and tossed the thing. There was nothing to save. It actually ran, but sounded like it was going to explode. There are all kinds of nutbars on Ebay. Find a few good sellers and stick with them. There are some sellers who actually take pride in their products, packaging and customer service.

eBay not what it used to be

About 11 - 12 years ago , we downsized into a high-rise apt.and sold a lot of stuff on eBay. In those days, very little new stuff from stores was offered. Most of the Sellers were individuals or Mom & Pops, as large stores and large corporates hadn't quite figured out eBay. Recently I saw a statistic that said a large percentage (like 70% - 80%) of Sellers were stores, companies, and/or large corporate retailers. Makes a big difference. And then you get folks like your example: ignorant fools. I liked it better the old way.

Most of the Sellers were individuals or Mom & Pops, as large stores and large corporates hadn't quite figured out eBay. Recently I saw a statistic that said a large percentage (like 70% - 80%) of Sellers were stores, companies, and/or large corporate retailers. . I liked it better the old way.

FeeBay is definately set up now for the big guns.

The same seems to be the trend at train shows - many dealers & only a few "cleaning out the basement" sellers.

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I EXPECT FROM A CRAZY INDIAN WHO WANTS EVERYTHING FOR NOTHING, NOW I KNOW YOU PLOT, YOU ARE LYING AND WAS JUST TRYING TO GET SOMETHING FOR NOTHING AS THE INDIAN NATION HAS TRIED FOR A HUNDRED YEARS.
IF YOU HAD ANY SENSE YOU WOULD READ THE LISTING THAT EXPLAINED THAT I WOULD ONLY SHIP IN A 18X18X18 BOX IF YOU CONTACTED ME AND LET ME KNOW YOU WANTED TO PAY THE EXTRA CHARGES WHICH I INVOICED YOU FOR BUT BEING A CHEAP WANT SOMETHING FOR NOTHING LIKE YOU ARE, CHOOSE TO PAY THE CHEAPER WAY.
IF YOU WAS NOT SO CHEAP AND TRYING TO RIP ME OFF AND TO THINK I OFFERED TO REFUND YOU $10.00 FOR SOMETHING THAT WAS NOT MY MISTAKE, IT MIGHT BE DIFFERENT BUT NOW YOU ARE NOT ONLY ABLE TO FOLLOW SIMPLE RULES AND DESCRIPTIONS BUG YOU HAVE TO TELL LIES TO TRY TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK GOOD.
WHAT A IDIOT, THE CHIEFS SHOULD REALLY BE PROUD TO KNOW THERE BLOOD FLOWS IN A SUCH A ANIMAL AS YOU ARE.
DO NOT WRIT ME BACK AS I WILL NOT OPEN ANY MORE OF YOUR EMAILS FULL OF LIES
AND BY THE WAY, IT IS NOT INVOKING A CURSE ON YOU, YOU DONE THAT YOURSELF WHEN YOU MADE DECISION TO LIE ON EBAY, YOU WILL BE FOR SUBJECT OF MANY THOUSANDS OF LISTINGS WHEN I TELL A COUPLE THOUSAND BUYERS I HAVE, THE TRUE STORY, I WOULD NOT TRY SELLING ON EBAY AS YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT, THEY DO NOT ALLOW PEOPLE WHO COULD NOT PASS KINDER GARDEN TO SELL

The Fail is strong with this one.

Back