Monthly Photo Fun - November 2016

otiscnj

Well, I've never started one of these threads before, however I always enjoy seeing how finished everybody else's layouts are. Inspiring, if nothing else.

So, having said that, below are a couple of photos of my current HO layout under construction, 'The Philadelphia & Scranton; A Branch of the North East Corridor.' Below is a photo of some new power waiting to be run thru the shops, sitting on a track in the Reading yard. The E60CF's have yet to have their pantographs added, which won't matter at this point, as there isn't any catenary strung yet, either. Behind them, on an adjacent track, are a couple of CC-!'s(Tyco GG-1s), as well as a donor Athearn Trainmaster, which will be utilized for its running gear, and chassis. Two CC-1s are still in bubble wrap, awaiting donor Trainmasters. The CC-1s will eventually be painted in various Reading schemes, such as the Pullman green dip jobs, the black & green F unit scheme, + 1-2 in a Crusaderesque scheme, similar to 117 & 118.

The second photo I've included is a CC-1 in the F unit scheme.

I've also included a photo from last month of a power swap in Port Clinton, between P&S power, and WM/RDG/OM power for the trip south and west. Enjoy!

Attachments

• e60newpower.jpg
    e60newpower.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 536
  • cc1rdg.jpg
    cc1rdg.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 520
Hey thanks for getting this started Otis!

I decided to change pace for a couple of days and get some track laid at Milo Mills on the SLO&W. There will be a siding here and a small frieght station that will be a scratch build based on the small freight house in Naples, NY. The turnout has been installed and the siding track has started to be put in place. just waiting for the crew to arrive to finish it up... There will be room for two 40' cars on the siding.

Milo%20Mills35w_zpshhbo8jxo.png

Milo%20Mills37w_zpskelo3uvp.png

Lots of wiring in progress as well. The Tortoise has been installed and wired, and there will be some other DCC power drops in the area as well. Some of the buildings will also be lighted so I brought the nearest DC power over to get that done.

Milo%20Mills38w_zpsg7y48loo.png

Keep the good stuff coming!

There's some interesting stuff sitting in that yard Otiscnj!
Ray it's always good to see the progress shots!

Looks like someone just caught the last train heading north! :rolleyes:

View attachment 59349

Attachments

• IMG_1882.JPG
    IMG_1882.JPG
    581.5 KB · Views: 199
Mind you, I'd be a bit worried about the one who looks like he's ready to draw down on you. "This is a Magnum 44, did I just fire 6, or 'ave I got 1 still in the chamber? Y' feelin' lucky? Punk".

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok just another week and we're into December already...
Let's bump this thread back up and see some goodies guys!

cd9707b7-cf1e-4543-88a8-0ca15d796881.png

I think I might have a problem. These are the cabeese that are complete. I have a ton more that are either still in boxes or are in the building process....

I posted these over in the Coffee Shop a while back, but I realize that not everyone visits there. This is the beginnings of a small town business district with a couple of Walther's Cornerstone Merchants Row kits.
10-28-16 005.001.JPG10-28-16 006.001.JPG
Some of the storefronts in the first picture do not have interiors yet because I am still deciding what they will represent.

Willie

Ok, I'll enter a photo. This is an oil refinery I've been working on. I have progressed along a little more after this photo. Got ground color added and am now planning the runs of pipes that link the storage tanks to the refinery towers. Though it's hard to see in this photo, there are three loading tracks in there. Should be able to park about 20 or so crude oil tankers in there.

Oil%20fac_zps4vgqyf2s.png

c273f7e15a3170392e1665e39d095382.jpg

New backdrop and new Decapod for the Lancaster Central. Now I can run trains longer than 8 cars. The only car limit now is the fluidity of the railroad.
6f2844750b83167072909f3b6879446d.jpg

Now the end of the branch line isn't next to the grade up from the main. A backdrop makes a huge difference. Now I have to work on the smaller details.

Captain of Industry
President of Lancaster Central RR
President of Lancaster & Western Maryland Railway

Tour de Chooch

There's an annual event called "Tour de Chooch" over Thanksgiving weekend in the area north and west of Boston, where people who own model railroads hold simultaneous open houses that you can drive around and visit. I managed to get to four different places today, and I got a bonus! On the way from Bruce Robinson's Valley Junction to James van Bokkelen's Boston and Maine Eastern Route, I was first in line at a grade crossing in East Kingston NH as a train came through, southbound on the old B&M Western Route. I had time to look to the right, and I saw that the old station is still there, and it has its train order semaphores in place. So I'm going to attach pictures: from Rand Hoven's Albany and Susquehanna, the two I mentioned before, and a prototype image (and I went to the North Shore Model RR Club in Wakefield MA, but I didn't take any pictures as I'd been there several times before). Not bad for a single day!

Edited to say the pictures aren't showing in the order I expected. Clockwise from top right they're the B&M, Valley Junction and Albany and Susquehanna.

Attachments

• as.jpg
    as.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 175
  • vj.jpg
    vj.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 196
  • bm.jpg
    bm.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 186
  • ek1.jpg
    ek1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 182
Wow. There Sure are some nice photos in this months photo fun.

Here's my two cents. Here's a GE switcher coming through town to drop off and pick up cars at one of the railroad customers.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back