Milwaukee & Western Alco RS-11/Baldwin VO-1000...

Might go for something similar later on, but use the
roof from a SD24 cab instead...

CN SW1200RSm.jpg

Thought I'd take a 'group' photo of the two sisters....where we are so far.
Anyhoo, found winterization hatch in the box, now....is it supposed to cover both the fans on the GP7/9, as it won't fit just covering the forward fan, the stack is in the way....

DSC_0191.jpg

That's some nice work. I used to do projects like that but I don't knpw if I would want to try it again. Well done. Waiting to see the finished product.

I will not have the confidence or skill to try anything like what you do for a while but I SURE enjoy YOUR results!

Cant remember for sure about the hatch, but I think you have it correct.
I like the torpedo tubes on the top. NEAT!

I find this one interesting as well....

Alco RS-3m.jpg

Conrail RS-3m 9951, rebuilt from an RS-3 and with a
shortened hood, seen stored at Altoona, PA on the
5th of August '84.
Photo By: John Pari, collection of Brock Kerchner

Milwaukee Road 113:

I like your work, especially since I can't do anything like that and have it look decent.

When you get a chance, look up the ATSF's Beep. It was the prototype for what became the CF7 program. The Cleburne shops took a Baldwin switcher and removed the Baldwin power plant, trucks and electrical gear. The transplanted a GP7's trucks, engine, etc., onto the Baldwin frame and cab.

The ATSF wanted to do this to see if it was possible for Cleburne to do a major project like this and to get an idea of the costs and problems a CF7 type program could/would have. The Beep was a shop switcher there for years; I believe it was eventually donated to a museum but am not sure of that.

Alan

....and other shop projects!

What I've been doing so far this morning....

IMG_20160101_141109.jpg

IMG_20160101_141132.jpg

IMG_20160101_141205.jpg

....just need to decide which cab to use! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoy seeing your work. Nice to see someone who likes to chop and bash things together.
Refreshing!

Trying to decide on a standard snow plow for my hood units, stuck between Details West's #110 and #155, any suggestions gentlemen?

Back