Metal vs. Plastic Wheels

Greg - Good observation/query. Never thought of that.
Mark - Wholeheartedly agree on the P2K wheelsets. Those are/were fantastic. The new ones now are too shiny and lack the detail of the older ones. It's too bad for Walthers, as I quit buying them as well. I have started (four years ago) to use Kadee's and have not noted any crud pick-up on my layout. I still have about 90 cars left to convert out of 800. Intermountain is good also, but are about 20% more expensive in this market.

Willie

Sherrel, You need to know the axle length needed with Reboxx wheelsets. You want axle lengths the same length as the wheelsets you are replacing. I don't believe that any Reboxx wheels are anything other than Code 88 in width. This is the big bug-a-boo for me, as per what I stated earlier, I find Code 88s easily derail on my layout.

My friend, Tom Holly, swears by and only uses REBOXX wheelsets!
I would swear by them also, except for the price. As such I only have a few around with the less common axle lengths to use where the other brands don't fit. For the most part I buy Intermountain in bulk.

I would swear by them also, except for the price. As such I only have a few around with the less common axle lengths to use where the other brands don't fit. For the most part I buy Intermountain in bulk.

Somebody asked about a "like" button for posts and it was kinda "poo-pooed"! Upon reflection it's not really a bad idea when I see posts like this and don't want to clog the page with long winded postings pretty much echoing what was already said. I'd rather be able to show that I agree wholeheartedly with just a click. It IS the computer age after all. Ten letter minimum does not cut it.

Back