MARX question

dale1948

Greetings!
I'm a devoted Lionel buyer/user but a few days ago a Youtube friend convinced me to try MARX trains.
I have two train sets in the mail at this time.
One train is the "Marx 7674 Union Pacific M10005 Tin Litho Diesel Type Electric Train Set."
My question: When was this train made? I've been told everything from 1937 to 1950. I'd just to know for sure....at least the years that MARX made it.
Thanks

Attachments

• AAMARX.jpg
    AAMARX.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 339
Welcome -- That is a real beauty! I don't know for sure, but I have a site on the upstairs pter that may have the info. I'll get it later on today.

Greetings!
I'm a devoted Lionel buyer/user but a few days ago a Youtube friend convinced me to try MARX trains.
I have two train sets in the mail at this time.
One train is the "Marx 7674 Union Pacific M10005 Tin Litho Diesel Type Electric Train Set."
My question: When was this train made? I've been told everything from 1937 to 1950. I'd just to know for sure....at least the years that MARX made it.
It is hard to tell because Marx produced many M10000x trains through the years. People get them confused often. The first was produced in 1934, it still used a "JOY Line" motor. BUT, I don't think that is the M10005 that you have. I see the blue windows on the cars, but are they also outlined in blue? That will help narrow down the exact year. My guess is yours is more into the 1940s, maybe 1940 exactly. If you are really going to collect these, what you need is the Greenbrier MARX Collector's books as:

Greenberg's Guide to Marx Trains, Vol. 1

Greenberg's Marx Train Catalogues: Circa 1938-1975

Back