Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

That is a great looking locomotive.

Looks to be well detailed, looking forward to seeing photos of it when you receive it.
Yes I will definitely take some closeups, they are extremely well detailed, probably on par with Scaletrains Museum Quality locos or Accurails, if you look closely between the body and the truck there are actually 2 chains and other very small details which I've never seen on any other model but are all on the original locomotive they're modelled on

The one innovation Accurascale have done on all their diesels is where the decoder fits, everything the US produces we have to remove the entire bodyshell to get to the board, these guys designed it so part of the roof is removable to access the decoder board.

Last edited:
UPS showed about 1 hour ago

From HomeShops.net 3 more private freelance road names. Tangent cars and are wonderfully produced. These are for me and will get pretty darned weathered
IMG_1626.jpeg
IMG_1627.jpeg
IMG_1628.jpeg

I have previously shown my French 141 ( Mikado) loco with train.
I have two Pacifics ( 231 in french terms) but had no coaches for them to haul.
These arrived yesterday, A postal car and three Couchettes ( sleeping cars) .
I remember travelling across France in these many years ago as far as Switzerland and Italy although not all the way in the
Couchettes.

REE trains.JPG

I have previously shown my French 141 ( Mikado) loco with train.
I have two Pacifics ( 231 in french terms) but had no coaches for them to haul.
These arrived yesterday, A postal car and three Couchettes ( sleeping cars) .
I remember travelling across France in these many years ago as far as Switzerland and Italy although not all the way in the
Couchettes.

View attachment 175219

Beautiful! Love the colors of the coach and locos!

The above French locomotives are by REE modeles and are first class quality with die-cast bodies and tenders, DCC sound and dynamic smoke.
I also have recently bought an SNCF loco by Roco and this as a 231 E which is also a Pacific.
I should explain that French railways count axles instead of wheels as do some other countries so a 4-6-2 Pacific is 231 and the E suffix is the particular locomotive type with that wheel arrangement.
231 E full.JPG

Also die cast metal but not quite as good as the REE models but still pretty good. This also has DCC sound but no smoke.
These locomotives were 4-cylinder compounds as were the prototypes modeled by REE and this model has oscillating poppet valves.
French coal was of poor quality and expensive hence the need for the economies of compounding and extras such as the feedwater heater on top of the boiler

The
The above French locomotives are by REE modeles and are first class quality with die-cast bodies and tenders, DCC sound and dynamic smoke.
I also have recently bought an SNCF loco by Roco and this as a 231 E which is also a Pacific.
I should explain that French railways count axles instead of wheels as do some other countries so a 4-6-2 Pacific is 231 and the E suffix is the particular locomotive type with that wheel arrangement.
View attachment 175259

Also die cast metal but not quite as good as the REE models but still pretty good. This also has DCC sound but no smoke.
These locomotives were 4-cylinder compounds as were the prototypes modeled by REE and this model has oscillating poppet valves.
French coal was of poor quality and expensive hence the need for the economies of compounding and extras such as the feedwater heater on top of the boiler
Valve gear looks plastic(?)

Starting to arrive are the Amazon Prime day deals. I ordered some brushes since it’s been a couple years since I received any. Usually I give my son the list of supplies I will want for Xmas presents that will cover me for the next year at the bench. He has always ordered the brushes I requested. For 2021 and in Amazon’s infinite wisdom they tripled the order for the same money and didn’t want them returned when he communicated with them. I have tons of very nice fine line brushes. But my brushes I use for Pan Pastels are starting to shed and I tossed a bunch. Here are the start of the replacements

The son has a list of paints (no brushes) I would like for Xmas and many of them qualified for Amazon Prime day deals and if he didn’t buy them earlier this week they most likely will be part of the November Black Friday deals

IMG_1624.png
IMG_4827.jpeg

I don’t usually show purchases of daily supplies, but it’s now 2 days in a row…

20 foam sticks of 20 different grits. I do quite a bit of sanding with homemade sanding blocks of 5 different grits. With the new layout and upcoming custom builds I decided to try these.

Almost 40% off on the Amazon Prime day sales, it was a cheap way to introduce myself to other grits. I looked this morning and all the sanding sticks are back to normal pricing and I no longer can find these (Honoson brand) listed. I will know within the next few weeks if it was worth it:

IMG_1650.jpeg

Postman and DHL have been busy today.

Postie brought these, this one I'll repaint and weather
1697217586325.png

I got this for someone else, then they changed their mind, but was already on it's way, so..... I'll find a use for it
Evemodel wide vision caboose.

1697217787551.png

DHL brought this

Accurascale Class 37/6 in Europhoenix livery

Loksound5 sound decoder, speaker and speaker clips.

1697217952053.png

I'll be putting more detailed foto's of the Class 37 on my thread later if anyone's interested.

Last edited:
I use
I don’t usually show purchases of daily supplies, but it’s now 2 days in a row…

20 foam sticks of 20 different grits. I do quite a bit of sanding with homemade sanding blocks of 5 different grits. With the new layout and upcoming custom builds I decided to try these.

Almost 40% off on the Amazon Prime day sales, it was a cheap way to introduce myself to other grits. I looked this morning and all the sanding sticks are back to normal pricing and I no longer can find these (Honoson brand) listed. I will know within the next few weeks if it was worth it:

View attachment 175321
I use these on styrene making projects, exactly what the doctor ordered to make straight sanding without resorting to expensive belt machines.

I use

I use these on styrene making projects, exactly what the doctor ordered to make straight sanding without resorting to expensive belt machines.
I have used homemade sanding paddles for years. They are 2” x 5” and 1/2” thick. I have 5 grit sizes. I sometimes need to get into smaller areas and these should do the trick. 20 of them were $8.00+ I got them for $5.22. I have tons of sanding twigs but those really are not much use on structures.

Back