Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Good afternoon. I seem to be breaking my self imposed rules this month. Already over budget because of the Amazon Prime sales day costing me next month‘s budget. I have showed a couple things. This one I told Terry is a business expense.
IMG_1653.jpeg
The need for a new one appeared Wednesday when one of my 47 year old single feed siphon brushes from Badger purchased in 1976 gave up the ghost. Badger told me the last time they rebuilt it in 2019 that would be it. I do have a single action back up! They included a 50% off coupon. It looked similar to the current #150, so I sent the old one back, the coupon and an order for a Patriot Extreme 105.

After 2 hours cleaning the backup air brush similar looking to the current 200 models, I gave up. I hit the LHS after checking prices and shipping times online. I get a good per centage off at the LHS of the price in the bottom right corner of the picture of the box. So even with a ridiculous WIsconsin and County sales tax it was still under $100 at $99+. My main 2 brushes I use for weathering didn’t even cost me $90.00 combined. Yep, the times have changed!

The era of 100% Badger is also over

Last edited:
I had to spend the whole month of September in the Atlanta area for some work-related training. But in my free time, I managed to hit up a couple local hobby shops that I'm familiar with. Came back with a few items, including some woodchip cars for my lumber products fleet.

IMG-7167.jpg

You never know, some of the Chinese ones look really close to Walthers mainline models. I bet it will be decent.
It'll take about 2-3 weeks to get here, looks to have all moulded parts, which is fine, I'll weather it so I doubt they'll be much to see to the eye to differentiate between it and the more upmarket cars, and I think it comes with the containers too.

It'll take about 2-3 weeks to get here, looks to have all moulded parts, which is fine, I'll weather it so I doubt they'll be much to see to the eye to differentiate between it and the more upmarket cars, and I think it comes with the containers too.
You do know that getting into intermodal is a rabbit hole, and there’s no coming back up. I see a long stack train in your future 🤣

Starting to arrive are the Amazon Prime day deals. I ordered some brushes since it’s been a couple years since I received any. Usually I give my son the list of supplies I will want for Xmas presents that will cover me for the next year at the bench. He has always ordered the brushes I requested. For 2021 and in Amazon’s infinite wisdom they tripled the order for the same money and didn’t want them returned when he communicated with them. I have tons of very nice fine line brushes. But my brushes I use for Pan Pastels are starting to shed and I tossed a bunch. Here are the start of the replacements

The son has a list of paints (no brushes) I would like for Xmas and many of them qualified for Amazon Prime day deals and if he didn’t buy them earlier this week they most likely will be part of the November Black Friday deals

View attachment 175285View attachment 175286
At $21.00 this is a great buy. Now $28.95............not so great.

John

I'm definitely blaming TomO for this purchase, 😂 I posted about this in the Coffee shop, seller saw sense and I finally got it for slightly less than half the original asking price.

Arrived today nearly a week early, DC not DCC ready, currently on my workbench for upgrading to DCC, LED lighting and Kadee couplings.

1697910150436.png

1697910238871.png

I'm definitely blaming TomO for this purchase, 😂 I posted about this in the Coffee shop, seller saw sense and I finally got it for slightly less than half the original asking price.

Arrived today nearly a week early, DC not DCC ready, currently on my workbench for upgrading to DCC, LED lighting and Kadee couplings.
Look at you Daddy Warbucks, going on a locomotive buying spree lately! :D

Great looking unit!

I have been buying from Lombard Hobby for years both in person (120 miles away) and online which is just a dangerous finger tip away. I had tremendous hopes for this past weekend‘s Midnight Madness sale. While a over hyped disappointment I still found a few deals.

Going down the “intermodal rabbit hole” coined by Mike above earlier in the thread they arrived today:

plus a 3 pack of covered hoppers
IMG_1836.jpeg

What was disappointing in these my own cars and 3 other packages via Lombard from clients is no Lombard credit card sized wheel and track gauge. 4 packages of candy, 1 per carton. I don’t show the client stuff when it arrives, but I will be busy weathering intermodal stuff, both my own and clients
IMG_1837.jpeg

but no gauge, shown is a previous one received, great advertising
IMG_1838.jpeg

View attachment 175723
View attachment 175724
So when will these engines show up in the weathering engines thread. 🙂

Back