Looking for extended couplers

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

montanan

Whiskey Merchant
Get rid of the truck mounted couplers and body mount some Kadee couplers. Truck mounted couplers can be impossible to back up in some circumstances. I had a few passenger cars with truck mounted couplers and they were a major pain. After body mounting couplers, the performed just as good as my Walthers 85 foot passenger cars and could easily be backed through numerous turnouts with out any problems.

Iron Horseman

Does anyone know where i can find this type of coupler, or the whole truck? The one on the other end of the car is missing. The car is a Bachmann, HO scale.
No, Horn hook type couplers are getting really hard to find. My best advice would be to find a similar car on ebay or at a swap meet for parts.

If you were switching to the Kadee type coupler head, McHenry brand has ones with extended length.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com