looking for compatible turnouts

jim81147

I need 7 LH #6 turnouts that are compatible with the Atlas code 100 track . Does anybody know who might have some and what other brands will work with the Atlas? Thanks !!

Carey , the only thing wrong with using Atlas turnouts is that you ( I ) can not find them right now, atleast the code 100 #6 LH's. With all the changes at Atlas , stock on many things is low or nothing . Thanks for the link , it will come in handy.

At least, in this area, our LHS has plenty of Atlas in stock, including the Atlas CustomLine code 100 turnouts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need 7 LH #6 turnouts that are compatible with the Atlas code 100 track . Does anybody know who might have some and what other brands will work with the Atlas? Thanks !!
Are you looking for the exact geometry (12" long, etc.). If not I think the Peco Insulfrog large would work for you.

At this point , I am gathering pieces . I have found the RH turnouts and am still looking for the lefts. Are the Peco's DCC friendly? and will the match the Atlas , exact size is not a concern as long as angles match up ? Thanks for the help.

Jim, I assume you are looking for Atlas Code 100 LH Customline Nickel Silver. Would nice used ones work?
Wayne

Wayne , used ones would work if they are in like new shape. With just starting out I don't want to build in unreliability , I will have enough challenges. What do you have

Jim, I looked at them and they are Mrk3's and probably not clean enough. I had set them aside for some staging but I haven't got to that point yet. Up here in Northern Ohio there seems to be a fair amount of new Atlas around especially code 100. I usually buy trackage at train shows and they seem very reasonable. Have you tried M B Klein? hope you find something. I hate stalling a project my self.
Wayne

I have went ahead and purchased some Peco turnouts . My concern was trying to match an Atlas turnout with a "brand X " turnout , such as in crossovers so I found the correct amounts of Pecos that I needed for both sides and that's what I went with . I will use the ones that I have already for yard ladders and industrial siding and such . I think the peco's have a slightly larger radius than the Atlas # 6 so that's just another plus for them. Thanks to all who offered suggestions and possible leads .

At this point , I am gathering pieces . I have found the RH turnouts and am still looking for the lefts. Are the Peco's DCC friendly? and will the match the Atlas , exact size is not a concern as long as angles match up ? Thanks for the help.
Depends on what you mean by DCC friendly. The Peco Insulfrog will work exactly like the Atlas as related to wiring DCC, DC or other.

The Peco have a 12 degree departure angle while the Atlas have a 10 degree departure angle. Depending on the exact application that may or may not be a problem. For example if you are trying to fit them into a ladder mixed with Atlas they won't work. If you are using them in their own ladder they will work fine. Likewise for crossovers. Use two and it is OK try to use 1 Atlas and 1 Peco it won't work.

The continuous curvature of the closing rails has nothing to do with the exterior geometry.

Back