List of HO scale locomotives that can run on 15 inch curves?

Does anybody know where I can find a list of HO scale locomotives that can run on 15 inch radius curves without derailing? Can a F-unit or a 0-6-0, 2-6-0, 2-6-2, 4-6-0, 4-4-0 loco run on those curves?

Last edited:
Does anybody know where I can find a list of HO scale locomotives that can run on 15 inch radius curves without derailing? Can a F-unit or a 0-6-0, 2-6-0, 2-6-2, 4-6-0, 4-4-0 loco run on those curves?
I know of no such list. Best you could probably do is find a list of manufactures locomotives that has a column for minimum radiua.
It will totally depend on the brand. For starting a list, I know a Tyco F unit can. I know an AHM 4-4-0 can. I know an Akane brass Pennsy B2 0-6-0 shifter will not.

I'd go to the manufacturers websites of the locomotives you're interested in running, to see what their requirements are for minimum radius.
That being said, one would have to assume any 4 axle locomotive can safely negotiate 15" curves.
Rolling stock of 40' or less can safely be pulled.
Did see on the interwebs where one individual claimed his Big Boy would run 15" curves.
Can also imagine a 0-6-0, 4-4-0 and 0-4-0 steam locomotives running 15" radius.

Above link says type "E" steam locomotives can run on 14" radius.

"Class E" covers locomotives with four-coupled drivers, such as 4-4-0 Americans and dockside switchers, with a wheelbase of 9 feet or less. These can handle the tightest curves, which the NMRA says is appropriate for small, old-time model railroads."

Last edited:
maxresdefault (1).jpg

08-11-25_IMG_6000_1200.jpg

DSCF5159.JPG

R (15).jpg

MP 26-0.jpg

Above locomotives will run on 15" radius. In my opinion. :)

Above link is for a great thread regarding something called "Tooters", which are small locomotives and short rolling stock.
Some photos have been lost to deletion of links, but the basics are there.
OP even made a tool for bending flex track into tight curves.

Above link is for a great thread regarding something called "Tooters", which are small locomotives and short rolling stock.
Oh, like this industrial area caboose.
tinycaboose4.JPG

Back