Lionel O145 Gateman question

tombbbb

Good afternoon,
I have a lionel 0145 Gateman building, which works when I apply power to the screws on the bottom. Unfortunately, I don't have the corresponding track which activates it when the train passes. So, I have some questions:
What is the track I am missing?
Where do I get one?
Is there a way to wire a switch so I can manally operate it?
Thanks
Tom gateman 2 (2).jpggateman 2 (1).jpggateman 3.jpg
gateman 3.jpg
gateman 2 (1).jpg
gateman 2 (2).jpg

The Lionel #145 Gateman is a classic O gauge accessory that has been around since the 1950s!
Not #145 it is #0145. Yeah I know seems backwards to me. I assume it was done because the 145 was already in the catalog and they wanted to keep it a number rather than using a useful letter like H for #H145.

Don't know how it works but here is a picture of the special track. I did see what looked like an adjustment on the one corner of the bottom.
1708387829588.jpeg

Not #145 it is #0145. Yeah I know seems backwards to me. I assume it was done because the 145 was already in the catalog and they wanted to keep it a number rather than using a useful letter like H for #H145.

Don't know how it works but here is a picture of the special track. I did see what looked like an adjustment on the one corner of the bottom.
View attachment 181759
Thank you for correcting me!

Thank You- that looks like a helpful video.
Tom
I was wrong, it is not an O gauge. None of the instructions or the video will be of any help for your HO accessory.

Please accept my apologies.

I deleted my posts about the Lionel #145 O gauge Gatemen to avoid any confusion for others.

Thanks again to @Dub and @Iron Horseman for pointing out my mistake.

Last edited:
No biggie. Thank you for your attention and interest. I always get help in these forums. Thanks again, now I know what to look for, too. thanks, Tom

I rarely see any Lionel HO. One of the CD's I have, contain some old catalog copies so I checked 1964.
Finding a pressure switch track like that. I am sure there are some out there.

You could make your own actuator. A small piece of copper with electical tape backing, fitted on the track.
Try to keep the bump small. Marx used this method at one time.
A lionel O27 pressure switch would work but you have change out the spring for a smaller one.

Thank you very much. I'm going to keep my eyes open for a sample of that pressure switch, and perhaps try to make up my own.
Tom

Back