Leasing engine....

CATX leasing engine

I've started just once a project in between finishing the scenery on my layout and starting the progress of my new staging yard project.Inspired by a you tube video and several pics I wanted uncoditonally a leasing engine so I ordered me microscale decals to realise a GATX engine.

Basic was this Bachmann Union Pacific SD 40-2 that I've got several month ago for US $ 35,00 on a german ebay auction.

After dismantling the rails and the window parts in the cab I've airbrushed the shell with Revells' waterbased "Aqua color blue", the walkways and trucks with
a mixture of "engine grey" and "white".

It took 1hour for drying and then I did a further step and gave the shell a second layer with satin varnish.
After drying overnight I was able to start with the raise of the decals........

:eek:I never thought that this work would be so nerv-racking..........:eek:

After this time-consuming job I was able to get very relaxed at the wheatering.......there are some details to add like air hoses and air condition.

So,here's the result......:rolleyes:

But I'm not satisfied at all with the result..and the pics...but I think this engine will do a good leasing job in California!

Here's a link to the video I was inspired for wanting a leasing engine,too....
Watch for the other vids of this guy........great movies:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfq04ZbefIM&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator:
Awsome work on your leasor. I too am looking to get a few leasors, in my display cabinet. (no layout yet.) The Providence And Worcester Have 4 leasors right now and painted one not to long ago for GMTX. It was the 3105 and I think I am going to have Josh do that one next. I don't have the time to talent to do my own.

I really enjoy adding leaser’s equipment to the roster as they make any layout/ display custom. I'm currently working on a covered hopper leased by PTLX. That's a GE leasers that's really rusted as you know some of those leased cars can get. I’ll post some photos as soon as I get the decals completed and a little more weathering done to it.

Dave

Great job on the Loco, it turned out real nice.
The video you did was awesome, just think of the exhaust if you were running an ALCO.

Outstanding work on that locomotive. And that video is awesome. Thanks for sharing both.

Back