Lay out plans

Actually...................... N-scale is slightly bigger than half of HO-scale (instead of 50%, it's about 54% as large). With that in mind....................

There's plenty of pretty nice, 4' x 8' layout plans for HO-scale. But a lot of times, the HO track plan is pressing the limits of the 4' x 8' foot print. So if you're trying to cut it in half (2' x 4') for an N-scale layout, you could easily end up in trouble, size-wise. If you down-size an HO layout into N-scale, I'd recommend making it 30" x 60". This is 62.5% the size of HO, and will help give you just a little more extra breathing room for duplicating the HO plan into N-scale. Use the extra few inches for scenery, or a passing siding, or a little more track work, etc., etc.

And of course, larger is always better, if you can afford the room. Good luck at whatever you come up with. 👍

Haven't seen your picture yet. How big of a layout do you want to be build? Keep in mind that anything wider than say 30" or so will require access on both sides.

Any one have good small n scale layout plans I could use since I'm building an n scale layout. Tia
Do you have any idea of how you want the trains to run. Do you like just watching them run through scenery, or do you want them to take alternate routes, or do you think you would like to shuffle the cars around some? Can I presume you want to have more than one train on the track at a time?

There’s the layout and the big piece of plywood will be for expansion.

Attachments

• IMG_0092.jpeg
    IMG_0092.jpeg
    535 KB · Views: 10

Back