Kadee Quality Control

747flier

Printing my own Narrow Gauge cars and trucks, I have been using the Kadee 3' wheel sets. The last two orders of these I received have had issues. The first set (couple of weeks ago) had a wheel with the axel twisted off, the most recent bunch, three 8 wheel packs, the second pack only had six wheel sets, not eight! I don't blame the vendor, I'm sure it never occurred to him to count the number of wheels in the blister pack which was un opened.

I hate to see a long time supplier begin to have QC issues!

The vendor whom I ordered these from is kindly making the quantity good, even though this was not their fault. So I salute "Model Train Stuff" for prompt customer service!

MTS is great to deal with, glad to hear you’ve got it straightened out!
I have friends with factories in china, they say the QC is a constant battle.

I had lunch one day in Hong Kong (Kowloon) with a German fellow, who was with one of the famous German tool companies. He was there to make sure the Chinese upheld the quality standards. He said they could do it but you had to constantly keep after them.

As it turns out , not fully resolved... I was offered a 25% refund on an $8 item, the issue is that the packet is supposed to contain 8 wheel sets, which since you need four per car, is good for two cars. Six is only good for one car!

They said these were out of stock (believable) but my choice is to wait till they are back in stock. haven't heard back.

Rico You do know Kadee products are made in the USA

747flier I would contact Kadee they have a link on their page They might want to know about this and maybe they will make it right

Quote from their site

Kadee® still creates and utilizes equipment that other Manufacturers have junked. We have modified and made machines to meet our needs all the while still manufacturing and distributing over 600 different products all made entirely in our plant in White City, Oregon. This includes our packaging, printed materials, and final finished goods. This facility actually houses a Die-cast Dept, Plastic Injection Dept, Paint/Tampo Print Dept., Machine shop, Full Print Shop, Graphics Dept., R & D Dept, Warehouse, Shipping & Receiving and sales office all under one 22,500 Square ft building. Truly, we do EVERYTHING IN HOUSE.

Ah you’re absolutely right Mike, I forgot that!
I could leave out the China part I guess, QC is however lacking in so many industries.
In this case I'm guessing it’s just a matter of a miscount?

Miscount on one package and another with a wheel twisted off the axel. This being on the left coast, perhaps harder to get really reliable workers. QC often doesn't require brilliance, but another talent, doggedness. I ordered some more directly from Kadee and they are prompt, if a buck or two more expensive. They have been around for quite a while and have made some industry standard products.

Back