Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duane, Thank you. Matches my GP-60 fleet. ;)

100_1747.jpg

that's a lot of GP60s.

Big-D, tooter y'all must need to adjust your color settings or something, looks maroon here

that's a lot of GP60s.

Big-D, tooter y'all must need to adjust your color settings or something, looks maroon here

Duane, I gotta agree with you. I look at them everyday here in the office. Sure look maroon to me!!! LOL

That's not all of the GP-60's, I have 4 in a gray/black scheme, and then 12 more in different RR schemes.

Wow, that's a lot of GP60s. I only have one, but it's P2K. It runs pretty good. It also runs well with others even though it's a P2K

OK, I need a little help identifying this one. I'd say something made by Alco or Baldwin, but I haven't come across it yet. Also the manufacturer, there is nothing on the bottom.

101_0642.jpg

101_0641.jpg

101_0640.jpg

ALCo c-415

Got a pic with the shell off?

Ethier Mehanotenika or AT&T. Only ones I could find that made this unit.

Not alot actually made in the real world. The engines sucked I guess so they ran in pairs hopeing one kept running to finish the run. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
If its not brass (which it looks like its not) its most likely an ATT model. I have about 6 of them. I am also in the process of making the Hi-ad trucks that some of the 415's had.

Well it's apart and I started to detail it. First thing was to cut off the truck mounted couplers, then build a pilot for it. Added a few basic details to it also.

101_0643.jpg

101_0644.jpg

101_0646.jpg

I might test the engine that came with it. The motor is a vertical mount in 1 truck. It has like 5 geared axles all in one truck with traction tires. Probably not a good runner.

Your model looks good! If you do re-power it, post photos here of how you did it. I have 6 of them i need to redo.

OK, latest details added to it. Making it an old school SP style. Added the SP light package, Horn, Bell, Sunshades, armrests, and fuel tank brackets.

101_0652.jpg

101_0653.jpg

As for re-powering it. Mark asked the same question. I just grabbed a set of Athearn GP trucks to see if they fit. They match wheel to wheel. So there is a possibility to re-power it with Athearn motor and trucks. Only trick now is the frame. This one is all plastic, not sure it would hold up with a motor mounted to it.

101_0655.jpg

I've got one of those in Burlington Northern. I'm scraping up some material, I'm going to make a new brass frame for it and use a pair of Atlas/Roco trucks. Probably make new wire handrails.

I'm looking forward to getting started, but probably won't be real soon.

Herman

Jerome,

IHC, a few years ago, remade this locomotive with a can motor and all 8 wheel drive. I just checked eBay, there is 1 on there for $44.99 I typed in their search engine c-415. It is in an Erie-Lackawanna scheme.

Now, in real life, there were only 26 of these units built. The Rock Island had 10, the Southern Pacific had 10, the Spokane, Portland & Seattle had 2, which after merging into the Burlington Northern went there, the Monogahelia Connecting had 1, the Chehalis Western had 1, and the Columbia & Cowlitz had 1. The original demonstrator from ALCO went down under to Hammersly Iron in Australia and still survives today as a museum piece.

There are still a few in service around the USA today. Most that are in service are former SP units. There are ony 2 that survive from the Rock Island's 10. 1 is owned by the Buffalo Southern and the other is sitting on a siding in Morris, Kansas. Just my 2 cents worth, they both need to be in museum's somewhere.

Enough rambling about my favorite locomotive and thanks for taking the time to listen. :)

Regards,

The EX CWRR one exists still but is not functional. The 2 EX: CLC units are in service in Iowa i believe.

Yesterdays progress...........added grab irons to the front of both sides of the cab, air tank lines, added coupler pockets and removed the huge stock handrails.

101_0656.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back