Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the 1/4" Brass Bar stock came in today so I made the bolsters for the C415 so that Athearn trucks can be used. Next item will be the Flywheels and then the motor shafts and the unit will be getting test run.

C415Bolsters1.png

C415Bolsters2.png

C415Bolsters5.png

C415Bolsters8.png

C415Bolsters9.png

C415Bolsters10.png

C415Bolsters11.png

C415Bolsters12.png

C415Bolsters13.png

C415Bolsters14.png

C415Bolsters15.png

C415Bolsters16.png

C415Bolsters17.png

It would seem Jerome and Mark make a pretty good team. Killing Brass, one model at a time.:cool:

I have to ask Jerome, when you add details to an already painted shell like the C415, do you end up hand painting the details or do you tape off and spray them?

Looking good!!!! I can not wait to see this finished! I need to get to work on mine soon.

Mark,
I'm impressed! I did something similar with brass when repowering a Lionel FA1 back in the dark ages before Proto 2000 came out. Very similar, but a little cruder than yours.:eek: Fortunately the FA frame was thick enough that I was able to drill and tap the bolsters and screw them to the frame, giving me a voltage path.
Someday I'll get rid of the Athearn black motor and put in a can......maybe;)!

wow those are some very technical drawings

I guess my background in machining and CAD makes me pretty anal about having good clean drawings to go by. I hand draw first by measuring stuff and getting an idea of what I need then draw them in CAD, make the part, and revise the drawing if changes had to be made on a first piece for something. Keep in mind that the bolsters started out as a .250" x 250" bar stock.

It would seem Jerome and Mark make a pretty good team. Killing Brass, one model at a time.:cool:

I have to ask Jerome, when you add details to an already painted shell like the C415, do you end up hand painting the details or do you tape off and spray them?

Brad, usually I'll just repaint the model. easier that way.

The lil Critter is almost ready, yes, the cabless Hustler. Body and paint are done, and decoders and can motors speed matched. Just need a little lettering and weathering, and she'll be off with her mate to switch the industrial tracks......amazingly, the 2 together can pull more than your average Geep!

Karl, they look good!!! Are they wired together for electrical pick-up?? That was always a problem on the 2 axle units I had, they would stall at a switch crossing.

The Boys at JTEX have come up with a new designation for the re-builds they are sending out of the shop. Let us introduce you to an SW1500R. Along with the internal upgrades that are done during re-building, Extra capacity sand boxes are added and exhaust silencers are also added. Here's examples of both a standard SW1500 and an ex-SP SW1500 upgraded to SW1500R's.

101_0674.jpg

Karl, they look good!!! Are they wired together for electrical pick-up?? That was always a problem on the 2 axle units I had, they would stall at a switch crossing.

Not yet, I'm waiting on some itty bitty pin connectors so I can have fuctioning MU cables!!

Hey Jerome, I just found the perfect CF7 for ya. Only drawback, it might be a little big for ya, but the detailing is wonderful!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/EMD-CF-7-Switch...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c55a84b6b

Damn the checkbook, full speed ahead!!!:D

Karl, a little bit on the expensive side, and I'm sure my neighbors would love me having that in the yard!!! LOL

Jerome, I wish I had time and motivation to finish my stuff. It can be such a pita to get in the mood.

Steve, that's why I have so many different projects going at once. I can bounce around till I find one I feel like doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back