Jerome's Switcher Roster V 2.0

wheeler1963

Aurora & Portland Owner
OK so I started the last thread way back March 15th 2009. So with the New Year here, it's time to start a new one. I brought out all of the little critters and put them on the table. That's 186 by my count. More to come I'm sure, it's a sickness I have LOL :D

100_3051.jpg

100_3052.jpg

Yes, it is a sickness. A good kind of sickness. I like switchers a lot too. I think I only have 3 real engines and the rest are switchers and I am just starting out.

Do you run them all from time to time, or just collect them? I am curious, do you do lots of switching or just like the way they look and/or the "work horse of the yard" appeal?

Thanks for sharing.

OK so I started the last thread way back March 15th 2009. So with the New Year here, it's time to start a new one. I brought out all of the little critters and put them on the table. That's 186 by my count. More to come I'm sure, it's a sickness I have LOL :D

I just collect them, I currently don't have a layout. Eventually I will build JTEX (Jerry's Truck and Electric). A switcher junkyard.

At one time I collected figurines of clowns, I called them my "Clobber of Clowns". I guess you could call yours a "Swathe of Switchers".

So I showed your collection to the wife and she says "what does he need all those engines for?" At which time I made reference to the bedroom closet, you know the one containing 187 pairs of shoes?
Now she gets it.
Good to see the gang out again, how about a list of roadnames?

Rick, a list of roadnames huh? Well I guess I could do that, they are all still out on the table. By this evening I'll have that. ;)

Almost lost my coffee on the keyboard with that one.

So I showed your collection to the wife and she says "what does he need all those engines for?" At which time I made reference to the bedroom closet, you know the one containing 187 pairs of shoes?
Now she gets it.
Good to see the gang out again, how about a list of roadnames?

Rick, as requested. Here's the roadnames I found on the table. There are a bunch of patched ones in this mix as well. In no particular order.....................

NS
NRE
US ARMY
A&P
Alaska
AMTRAK
GATX
UP
Southern
SP
CSX
SOO
Union
IHB
MKT
MP
NREX
CSOR
CR
IC
KLX
RF&PRR
BN
CP
Milwaukee Rd
Lake Erie Franklin & Clarion
Wisconsin & Southern
MRL
Alton & Southern
BNSF
JTEX
P&LE
CN
NASA
Southern Platte
Omaha Western
EJ&E
TRRA
MRS
New York Central
Rochester & Southern
Quebec & Gatineau
St Lawrence & Atlantic
Willamette & Pacific
Buffalo & Pittsburgh
Midwest Chicago
Western Pacific
Cotton Belt
Wisconsin Central
Rock Island
Burlington
Coors
Bethlehem Steel
OL&B
L&N
Baltimore & Annapolis
Cargil
Old Ben Coal Corp
Guilford
Portland Terminal
Western Maine

And probably a few more I missed somewhere along the way. ;)

Yikes that's quite the roster, I'll have to look a few of those up!
I noticed there was no mention of a Fuerst Matthes switcher, we'll have to rectify that...

Must have at one point in time...
I was running the A&P unit today testing out a scrap yard spur I just put in, still running great!

Rick, when I get around to unpacking the tools and parts, I'll probably find them. I'll need a picture of your units for the paint scheme.

Wheeler1963:

Nice collection. I am also is partial to switchers and have been since a young guy. My Grandfather used to take me to the yards to watch trains do their switching. I remember the steam engines working, but was partial to the SW 1000's and others in the 1950's.

Are you planning to install DCC and Sound in the collection? Just kidding.

Greg

Hey Jerome, how do you like this? I just got an Atlas MP15DC with sound. I have total of 2 switchers now!! Yes that is 2. I think its gonna take me a while to catch up on your collection.

P1000834.JPG

Here's the first two FM units, the third is a 45 tonner the either needs to be painted yellow or have the shell swapped out. I never did finish the little guy, it's modeled after the unit I used to run at a coal plant.
Nothing fancy really. The mill vehicles are white.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back