its PINK!!! Why is it PINK????!!!!

I just read an article in the local paper about this diesel locomotive.

http://www.solrs.ca/Equipment Roster/Rolling Stock wcr1518.htm

I'm going to try and take an afternoon off to go and visit it, I'll try to get some p hotos.

I haven't been on this board lately, its been busy, too many horses, too much mud and rain, and a little one on the way, but hello, hope you're all well and workingon your lay-outs! :D

The article doesn't say why its pink.

nice colour, though. very feminine. :)

Hello, LTF, wondered what you've been up to. I hope the mud gets better soon and I can't wait to see pics of the new one once it gets here. :)

I don't know why that 70 tonner is pink but I'm going to guess that's really primer and they never bothered with the finish coat. Industries tend not to spend more money than they have to for rail equipment. I'm pretty sure it wasn't painted that way to appeal to women railfans. :D

I should go see it before they paint it.

too bad they aren't open late on a Sunday. I'm taking a nap, so I can go check on my mare every couple of hours all night long, starting tonight, and lasting for however long she drops it. She's HUGE. double wide, and double deep. baby is kicking like a chorus girl.

hmmm. i've always had a Dancing Theme for my horses names. CanCan if its a filly?

It might have been a darker shade but due to fade from UV--it is now a little more pinkish.

That pic has that switcher mounted on a light/pale blue flatcar as well:eek::confused::rolleyes:

I would say it's actually painted pink on purpose.

I have seen a few engines in the past that have been painted pink or other bright colors, especially switcher units.

My reasoning for it is that it's bright and stands out for doing switching in businesses. It catches pedestrians and vehicles eyes for more visability.

That pink color definitely compliments the Baby Blue of the flatcar carrying it:p

But what I really like is the factory building that's behind it, it just "cries out" to be modeled!

Reds fade horribly, so my theory is that it started life much redder and over time faded to pink.

By the looks of the lettering and colors of them. I believe the locomotive was painted pink, everything matches! Goes to show RR. paint schemes any thing goes!!!!!!!!!

Back in the late 1950's, Lionel introduced the "Lady Lionel" trainset intended for girls. The locomotive was pink and the cars were all pastel colors. It didn't sell. (Well, DUH!)

OMG!!! Lionel was WAAAAAAAY ahead of it's time with a pink loco!!!

Guess it just goes to show you that with the prototype, ANTHING is possible! ROFL!

Darrell, quiet...for now

that's how it starts.

first, a hat, then the overalls, and one day I'll look out and someone will be pulling up with an engine on a flatbed....:D

I was at the TSC just now, picking up horse feed, and they had little bags of tiny farm animals at the counter.

my first thought was OH BOY, THESE ARE JUST THE RIGHT SIZE FOR MY LAY-OUT and I bought two bags. :D

Lookin at the photos on the site mentioned by the original poster, the engine was once rather red and appears to have faded over time...

http://www.solrs.ca/Equipment Roster/Rolling Stock wcr1518C.htm

l-tec18.jpg

Yes, you get a pretty pink hat. Look for it to be delivered by Canada Post any day now...probably. :)

But first it has to clear customs!
It will be lost, found, misplaced, found and assessed, then reassessed, then given to Canada Post where it will be lost, found, used as a doorstop for several weeks, redirected, and finally arrive at you local post office with a $50.00 duty and handling fee attached.
It will have started out red but faded to pink by then.
Enjoy!

BTW: when do you want that engine delivered, I have two ready to go!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back