Is this right....

Wow, that got up there. BN sets must be hard to find maybe? :confused: Local hobby store has sets similar to those (no BN) for around $65-$75

I've been trying to win some of the 100T 3 bay hopper packs, and they seem to sell for at least $20 more then the original price. Those darned coal train modelers swallow up all the cars.

I think it's called psychotic bidding wars. :) Maybe it's those gold loads, like Phillip wrote. I won the exact same set wthout loads a couple of weeks ago for $55.

E-bay is a sellers market for sure. I sell used parts on there and I've got 132 auction ending at the moment, and people are willing to pay more for a used part than they would with a new one. Oh well, puts more money in my pocket for buying rr items.

Same thing happens with Walthers Woodchip Gondola's I try and win. Was bidding on 3 3-packs the other week and they all sold for around $75-$80:eek: They were only $40-$50 new.

The sad thing is that these will be back in stock in March.

Some people just can't hold it together for very long, or don't seem to be able to research things for themselves.

"... but Daddy, I want it NOOOWWWW!" :rolleyes:

Or maybe not having to wait 3 months is worth paying double.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Those darned coal train modelers swallow up all the cars.

What can I say...
If there are 24 cars loading at the mine, that means there has to be another 24 MT's on their way to replace them.
But if there are 24 MT's coming up to get loaded, there must be 24 cars at the plant getting unloaded.
It's a big expensive vicious circle! ;)

I have both the Walthers and Athearn Bethgons and they are both very similar in design and construction. If I was a cynic, I'd say they came out of the same factory in China. :) I think the Walthers cars are actually better weighted and have better trucks than the Athearn models. With the exception of one coupler that needed adjustment, the Walthers cars ran perfectly right out of the box. I've had to adjust the coupler height on almost every Athearn car and about half the wheelsets were out of gauge. I found that out real quick when I switched a 12 car train to the passing track and only one car was still behind the locomotive five seconds later. :D

What can I say...
If there are 24 cars loading at the mine, that means there has to be another 24 MT's on their way to replace them.
But if there are 24 MT's coming up to get loaded, there must be 24 cars at the plant getting unloaded.
It's a big expensive vicious circle! ;)

:D LOL That's about the best explanation that could even exist. Bravo!

It seems to me that somebody really wanted it bad, then somebody else wanted it worse. It may well be that for those folks, the availability of those models aren't good where they are. Or, they're what they need to complete their fleet.

Yes, the bidding made a big jump, but there are those out there who will tell you to bid your max and take your chances. Which is pretty much what happened.

Kennedy

Back