Is this locomotive good ?

Bachmann Locomotive

:Jack from Star, Idaho. I have five Bachman Steam locomotives and they are all the Spectrum Line. Bachmann has produced some bad unreliable trains in the past but the Spectrum line for the most part is pretty good. I have only had one problem with a 4-8-4 that would derail the front four on every curve. I ran this particular engine on 22 inch radius and it said the minimum radius was 18 inches. I returned that one for another and had no problems. One good thing about Bachmann is they have a life time gaurantee. Be sure to fill out your warantee card and save your receipt. Over all I have been satisfied with the Spectrum line. Their detail is excellent and when you get a good one they run smooth. Watch the wheel pick-ups they are pretty sensitive and break easily. Good luck, you should be ok...:eek:

Jack Strong

I have only ever tried on Spectrum engine, it was the 4-8-4 J Class from the N&W. Didn't work, and my fix-it expert couldn't figure out the problem either. I purchased a BLI "Stealth" model of the same engine that they marketed in 2005/06 and added a Tsunami...works like a damn.

However, I keep reading about very loyal Spectrum users, and I can't find a way to doubt them. This particular engine, the 'Mountain' type 4-8-2 is heavy and quite good. So, I would say you should snap it up if you can get it for a good price.

-Crandell

I "have" one; or the remains thereof. It was a good runner with no issues. I've chopped it down though and plan to use it to kitbash it and some other parts into a PRR H6sb.

As for price, $90.00 is not bad if you're buying it in person. If you're buying from an online retailer, MB Klein may still have some on sale for $79.99.

Are Rivarossi FEF-3 4-8-4 good runner ? a guys at my club is selling one and the loco look damm cool

Back