Intermountain Procor Pressure Flow Hopper

MGWSY

I received my CN Cylindrical Hoppers today from Intermountain and all I can say is wow. For a model I never would have expected to see in plastic these are some great cars. No use describing them as the pics will do that.

DSC06605.jpg

DSC06606.jpg

DSC06607.jpg

DSC06608.jpg

DSC06609.jpg

DSC06610.jpg

DSC06611.jpg

DSC06612.jpg

DSC06613.jpg

DSC06614.jpg

DSC06615.jpg

DSC06616.jpg

DSC06617.jpg

Man those do indeed look great! Im going to have to order myself a couple of them! :D

Thanks for sharing Mark

I received my CN Cylindrical Hoppers today from Intermountain and all I can say is wow. For a model I never would have expected to see in plastic these are some great cars. No use describing them as the pics will do that.

DSC06605.jpg

DSC06606.jpg

DSC06607.jpg

DSC06608.jpg

DSC06609.jpg

DSC06610.jpg

DSC06611.jpg

DSC06612.jpg

DSC06613.jpg

DSC06614.jpg

DSC06615.jpg

DSC06616.jpg

DSC06617.jpg

Impressive models.
Modern rolling stock has sure come a long way.
I model 1956. I would also like to model a smaller new layout - period 1974, which I remember fondly. There is a lot of nice rolling stock out there that's appropriate for 1974, and I'm tempted to start collecting some, but nobody makes a prototypical CN diesel that was in the area I model.

Josh! Any word?

In any case, looks great!

Josh, IM is holding yours, so dont worry :D Ill place an order with them this week, still thinking about getting some of these for myself, but also need the Red Caboose BNSF Coil Cars... My plan was to have your hopper shipped with the ES44AC's i have on reservation, but that didnt work so well seeing as they are no longer scheduled for this month....

Josh, IM is holding yours, so dont worry :D Ill place an order with them this week, still thinking about getting some of these for myself, but also need the Red Caboose BNSF Coil Cars... My plan was to have your hopper shipped with the ES44AC's i have on reservation, but that didnt work so well seeing as they are no longer scheduled for this month....
Ahhh! I see, makes sense.

Hey, guys -- I got a question...

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, and I will readily admit that I don't know the prototype -- but are those seam lines (running down the middle horizontally and around each end cap vertically) present on the prototype?

The detail work and the paint jobs on the newer stuff is out-of-this-world good! But I see those seam lines as well... and they make me wonder. They kinda look like the seam lines on my old Athearn Blue Box and MDC Roundhouse kits. And if that IS what I'm seeing -- AND they are not prototypical -- then, if they can do such fine detail work these days, why can't the manufacturers eliminate the seams (or at least make them much less visible)?

I know, they're built on an assembly line. But with the advances in technology, coupled with the almost unacceptable (to me, anyway) rise in prices -- on a RTR model, why can't those seam lines be minimized, if not eliminated?

Just curious... fortunately for me, I'm not a cat. :)

Looking forward to the replies of those who are more knowledgeable than myself... which would include most of you... :)

Regards,
Tom Stockton

Hey, guys -- I got a question...

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, and I will readily admit that I don't know the prototype -- but are those seam lines (running down the middle horizontally and around each end cap vertically) present on the prototype?

The detail work and the paint jobs on the newer stuff is out-of-this-world good! But I see those seam lines as well... and they make me wonder. They kinda look like the seam lines on my old Athearn Blue Box and MDC Roundhouse kits. And if that IS what I'm seeing -- AND they are not prototypical -- then, if they can do such fine detail work these days, why can't the manufacturers eliminate the seams (or at least make them much less visible)?

I know, they're built on an assembly line. But with the advances in technology, coupled with the almost unacceptable (to me, anyway) rise in prices -- on a RTR model, why can't those seam lines be minimized, if not eliminated?

Just curious... fortunately for me, I'm not a cat. :)

Looking forward to the replies of those who are more knowledgeable than myself... which would include most of you... :)

Regards,
Tom Stockton

The seam on this model is why I didn't buy one after examining three at a hobby shop.
That horizontal seam should be raised and look like the vertical ones. It shouldn't look like two sections glued together.
The ones at the hobby shop I saw all had minor flaws (rough edges) on the seams. However I find the model looks fine from 4 feet away, but doesn't work for me because my layout is a shelf layout.

Zoegraf,

Ah, now I see -- there is a raised section along the tank. And when the pictures were take (nice pics, by the way!) the light cast a shadow from the raised section. And in my mind, I turned that shadow into a seam line between two pieces that were open. What I thought] I saw was a gap between the top and the bottom halves of the tank.

Yep... getting more and more indications that it's time for me to get my eyes checked! ;)

Thanks for pointing that out for me!

Regards,
Tom Stockton

Back