I'm Pete, and I'm a model railroader

PLaabs

Yes, it's an addiction, but it keeps me off the streets.
I'm in Dallas, Texas while my layout is in Willow Spring, North Carolina.
While I'm in Texas I plan on building several structures.
I'm modeling in HO scale, semi present day midwest / southeast.
Norfolk Southern motive power with some of the fallen flags to be run as excursion / dinner trains.
Thanks for the add, I'll try to assist where I can.

Welcome aboard Pete. While you are in Dallas, if you haven't already done so, you should make a trip to Discount Model Trains in Addison TX. Addison is a suburb of Dallas located just north of IH635. Everything there is 20% off MSRP.
Address: 4641 Ratliff Ln, Addison, TX 75001

Phone:(972) 931-8135
It's a little tricky to find as they are off the beaten path, but if you Google them, there is a map on the right side of the page.
They don't have a web presence so you have to actually visit...but you can see what you are purchasing first hand. They have the largest selections of detailing stuff around. I've been dealing with them for over 25 years now (even though they are 60 miles away) and as you can see, I recommend them.
Again, welcome aboard and visit us in the Coffee Shoppe if you're so inclined.

Willie

Willie,
I went there the first weekend I was here.
Picked up a few figures and sheet plastic.
I was very impressed with the place and will be visiting again.

Welcome to the forum Pete. Glad to have you aboard. Welcome.gif Sure wish I had a hobby shop close by.

Welcome, Pete!! I love how you model excursion and dinner trains. I model the present day, but run specials with NKP Steam Locos and B&O Heavyweights. I'm pleased to see someone else with a bit of 'creative license'!! Haha

Be sure to post lots of photos of your layout, and enjoy the forums!!

Mitch

Hi Pete, welcome aboard, I don't do much posting theses day because I haven't got around to setting up the new layout (still in the planning stage) but I'm busy behind the scenes, for instance this evening's action on this thread I did the following
Selected users were banned
1 thread was removed permanently
28 posts were removed permanently
Quite a few of the posts were on this thread but members didn't have to look at them :D I'm not on here most of the day but if you need help that other members can't help with please let me know, just send me a private message and I'll do my best to help.
gotta go now, enjoy the forum

Willis

Back