Hugh from Canmore

HughB

I went to Supertrain in Calgary this spring and got the bug. I'm returning after 50 yrs.
Hope to glean info and meet new people.
My interests are in HO and mine railways
I live in an old coal mine town turned tourist town. Canmore used to have a std gauge rr from the CPR mainline over the Bow R. to the mines. I've walked the old rail lines for the last 20 yrs. and think I may start here.
I also am interested in the White Pass Yukon Railway out of Skagway and the Klondike Mines Railway in Dawson Yukon.
Hugh

Hi, Hugh, and welcome. I am on Vancouver Island. I prefer to model American steam, but I also model the CPR and the Toronto, Hamilton, & Buffalo Rwy. That's a Sunset Models CPR Selkirk 2-10-4 in my photo at left. It's running over a scratch-built timber trestle on my last layout.

A mining layout, with its bi-directional single track (?) and a siding or two would be very interesting. Lots to spend time making an accurate representation. There might be a historical society near you, or try the library for archival news clippings.

I went to Supertrain in Calgary this spring and got the bug. I'm returning after 50 yrs.
Hope to glean info and meet new people.
My interests are in HO and mine railways
I live in an old coal mine town turned tourist town. Canmore used to have a std gauge rr from the CPR mainline over the Bow R. to the mines. I've walked the old rail lines for the last 20 yrs. and think I may start here.
I also am interested in the White Pass Yukon Railway out of Skagway and the Klondike Mines Railway in Dawson Yukon.
Hugh

Welcome Aboard Hugh.

Back