Hose Tower Build ...

How it looks on the layout with the Fire House:

WppxNgy.jpg

4IP5UtN.jpg
Well done Tony, goes exceptionally well with the fire house.

Thanks @Smudge617, much appreciated 👍

Only thing that annoys me a bit is; although I used the same Tamiya Dull Red Spray on the Tower as I did on the Fire House - the Tower looks more brown than red. I think it has to be the wood as the first tower turned out virtually identicle to the station, color wise.

Anyway, in the process of putting all the trim on it and figuring out how to do the roof. The roof could end up being the toughest part :)

Yo
Thanks @Smudge617, much appreciated 👍

Only thing that annoys me a bit is; although I used the same Tamiya Dull Red Spray on the Tower as I did on the Fire House - the Tower looks more brown than red. I think it has to be the wood as the first tower turned out virtually identicle to the station, color wise.

Anyway, in the process of putting all the trim on it and figuring out how to do the roof. The roof could end up being the toughest part :)
You'll figure it out I assume your doing a centre apex roof ?

That is my intentions as opposed to a straight up gable. Getting the rafters located isn't really an issue - that is easy, just a matter of cutting the angles for the central join consistent and correct. It is more how to attach the roof frame work to the tower itself, how to securely attach the roof section to the tower corners.

Mike, thanks mate just little more to do and it should be done, unless any of you genius' have any other ideas :)

Building the Trusses:

qJWwApj.jpg

Loose fitted for adjustment:

yOeQlvw.jpg

Loose fitted to the Tower:

2jYP1B6.jpg

All that is left to do is attach it to the tower, add the roof and roofing material, finish the trim and put in the glass :)

Lotsa glue!
You might cut tape to your angles and glue shingles to that.
Whatever you decide will look good.
I have confidence in you.
Am glad someone has confidence in me :)
What about keeping it removable to be able to show the inside? Place 2 small pieces of wood to center it. Why hide all the work you have done.
To be honest - you cant see that much as it is. You'd probably see more through the windows :)
That being said, having it removable is a good idea :)

Here is an "easy" way to get a 4 sided roof. I would use cereal box cardboard, painted on both sides, roofing material of your choice will stick to the cardboard easily, also can be removed

roof.png

I think the one you made looks fine however wanted to share this with you as I made a six sided one this way for my depot building.

Dave LASM

@logandsawman

Mate, thank you for that. Yes I have made a roof; however, it isn't attached as yet so I might make the original roof using your method and see which one I mess up the least :)
First, we have confidence in you to do this, we know you can, so I'm not quite sure how your going to mess up cutting up a cereal box, unless of course, you, 1) forget to empty it first, and 2) use a wood saw instead of scissors😂

So, I took Dave's suggestion and cut myself templates for the Basswood that I really did want to use. So far I have two sides of the roof in place:

SfYjCPH.jpg

n4qVoAH.jpg

Daves' suggestion made this easier and much quicker with less "after cut mods" :)

Back