Hi Everyone

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
HAPPY NEW YEAR------Everyone. Especially all of the good Friends I acquired here on this Forum over the years.:cool:;):D:):rolleyes:

Happy 2014 to you too, Larry! What's new with you? What have you been doing to keep yourself busy?

Well, for almost 2 years I was Recycling Electronics. Dec.31st I gave the business to a friend. He got all of my contacts & tools to do the job. He's an unemployed auto parts counterman(2 yrs.). My hands got so bad w/arthritis from the tedious dismantling of the circuit boards I had to find someone to help do that for me. He really enjoyed taking things apart & it gave him daily cash to live on. His Mom is very sick & that way he can be close to home to take care of her. I gave him a lg. workbench & a batt. powered drill & a few 4ft. fluorescent lites for his little shop next to his house.
I had loaned a friend all of my welding equipment about 5 years ago for his projects when I expanded my train layout. He got where he wasn't using it anymore, so, I brought everything back to my big shop(where the layout was)& in the last 3 weeks have started making metal sculptures again. I have a large Art Show coming up this weekend that I'm entering 3 of my older pcs. in.(the 4th of jan.)A lg. metal Dragon, a sm. metal dragon & a sm. kid (baby)made out of PVC pipe fittings. I have also made another small dragon(2&1/2ft. long w/a 2ft wing span & 18"hi.) I still have some more work on that to finish it up for another art show the end of Jan. So, I have plenty to do. I have to sell one of my vehicles(Chevy HHR)to be able to buy supplies for the art studio w/a load of steel. I'll post some pictures later on. In a few minutes I'll give you-all a link to my Photobucket acct. so you can see all of the art I've done since 1969.

http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/2013_Met_L_Art/library/

Here's the link for my Photobucket acct. If this doesn't work, then just Google my acct. as; 2013_Met_L_Art & it will come up to the acct. Thanks everyone for looking. These pcs. of art are all over the world. The Stations of the Cross are in Cassopolis, Mich. & a lot of the other art is also there. My whole front yard use to be full of Sculptures made from junk military equipment, car & truck parts & a lot of scrap steel. It was that way from 1981 till about 1991. Then a man from Mich. started buying up everything all at once & within a year all of it was gone. Other people had bought smaller pcs. before that from all over the U.S. As I make new items they will be added to my Photobucket acct.

Larry,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you. Glad to hear things are good with you.

Back