hey ya'll

covered wagon

my name is Vince been a model railroader since i received my first lionel set in 1972 then went to postage stamp n then to ho in the late 70's until about 1995 then became an avid n scaler which is where i'm at now with a freelanced road, I custom build my n scale trucks from con cor cabs build my own frames ect ect they actually turn out pretty cool I used to hyper detail my locos now I just add a few details grabs maybe a few other items, had to reclaim my freelanced roads name as a couple of members of a private house club layout I was a part of actually took me to court and tried to lay claims to my imagined rr name needles to say the judge tossed it out made them pay all court costs and in the end I got to keep my freelanced rr name I thought it was a joke until I got the papers stating I had a court date, anyways i'm here and hope to add & learn from the group here thanks for having me:cool:

Welcome. Thats quite a story about the lawsuit for a fictional railroad name. That is just crazy. They must have really like it. I bet the judge laughed while leaving the bench.

...had to reclaim my freelanced roads name as a couple of members of a private house club layout I was a part of actually took me to court and tried to lay claims to my imagined rr name ..
That was pretty senseless. For that to work they would have had to made it a registered trademark. Even Microsoft discovered you can't claim a "name" nor a common household item as intellectual property.

sad thing is our court system let it get to a hearing just to be thrown out wasting court time the judges time ect ect anyways that is the past it can't be changed so i model for the here & now & tomorrow with an era of the 60's or 70's not decided yet

Back