Help! Tell me no!

Okay.
No.
You don't want or need it.
Save the money you would spend on it for something you need.

There, did that help you?

G'day...A real good friend of mine , a master modeller in ships , planes , cars and a little bit of N Scale rail has about 1500 display models...from 1:350th scale to 1:4 scale says this ;He's been at it since 1963 and he asks this set of questions almost every time..His name is Ian Summers.. ex high school teacher...
Do I need it , No ...Have I got room for it , No... Can I afford it , No...That settles it then ..I have to buy...DOES THAT HELP YOU DECIDE ?.....Cheers Rod..

Last edited by a moderator:
I would show you what my appetite for, "just one more" got me into, but it would break my will power and I would be off to ebay or Modeltrainstuff ordering one more.
Actually, the Athearn Genesis SD70M w/flaired radiators in UP paint will be out in December.

That is pretty sweet! And for brass the price isn't bad. Even if you put it in a display case....

Sorry, I think Dan is going to owe me a commission if I go any further....

Some of you guys are not providing much help.

There is always another locomotive, it's like girls when we were 19.

I bet you have a lot of nice girls on your layout.

But I have to admit I can feel your pain!

MB Klein has this GG1...

Once had a date with two girls the same day, afternoon and evening. Afternoon girl gave me a hickey on my neck. Had to call in sick on #2. Learned the hard way.

Has i tell my daughter if your mind is telling you no. Then no is the route you should go. Know go get some of those projects done so next time it can be yes. lol

Ok, does it fit the time period you model? No. Even if it does, it doesn't! No, it doesn't! Don't do it! Surely other projects and commitments can get to yes by saying NO to this! Please tell us you said NO!!!!!

Oh really???? cartoon-dog-biting-bone-12736560[1].jpg

I don't need it. Just got a sweet little 2-6-6-2 logger even. But I've never even seen a mini - mallet like this before.
Really? United imported them in their PowerHouse series in ummm 1987 or so. Die Cast/Brass hybrid. Can motor. I got that exact Little River one, except mine is painted. I would say if you really want one, search around for a PowerHouse version. I'm guessing it will run much better than the one there on ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh! Want! I got the "just one more loco" Jonesing on. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=381020440547&alt=web

I don't need it. Just got a sweet little 2-6-6-2 logger even. But I've never even seen a mini - mallet like this before. Of course I'd have to remotor it with a can, add a decoder etc. Another project is the last thing I need.

But we wants it!

Fate just called...she said, "No". I argued with her and she agree to a 'maybe' if you treat it as a good luck charm for long life...an unfinished task (until it's the last task you have remaining). Buy it and put it under a glass dome on your mantel (if you have one).

@Iron Horseman: Thanks. That's fantastic to know, and I'll make sure my sights are set on the better option: PowerHouse.

@James Olsen: IF a well-priced PowerHouse version of this loco comes along, I'll take it as a sign from fate that the 'maybe' option is invoked!

He would soon run out of mantel space. I know because I would too.

While this thread was going on I bought a Bachmann DCC GP38-2 Chessie/B&O to replace my life-like GP38-2 Chessie/B&O.

I have a good excuse! It's for my HO Christmas train.

I paid too much for it from Train World, $62.99. MB Klein did not have any in stock, $44.99.

I had to get it, It's for Christmas.

For the Record Life-Like locomotives pulled 100 ton hoppers loaded with bits of real coal around my Christmas trees for maybe 20 years out of the last 40 years of trains under my Christmas trees. I had to buy 2 or 3 but they were cheap and out lasted my Tyco locomotives.
Except for one Tyco locomotive, a GP20 Red and Silver Santa Fe, that thing never died. I did not want a Santa Fe but when you need a locomotive in the late afternoon on Christmas Eve you take what you can find. Thank God for Toys are Us. I doubt they carry HO locomotives any more. How stupid is that?

My oldest daughter can remember the Christmas Santa Fe locomotive that pulled the train around our tree. That was her favorite locomotive.
When she started setting up the train that was the locomotive she would choose. I had forgotten that until she reminded me.

Trains are family heirlooms even if just in memories.

Back