Hello

Welcome, Aligator! Thanks for your service, comrade-in-arms. Prices for model railroad items aren't what they were when you and I were young. My suggestion, if you are going for steam would be to look on ebay for Mantua steam locomotives, and perhaps Athearn bluebox rolling stock. You will have to decide if you want to stick with DC or go to DCC, in which case the Mantua engines will have to have decoders installed. Not terribly difficult to do, but, as they say, "If all else fails, read the instructions!"

BTW, what was your AFSC and some of the places where you were stationed? I was Minuteman missile maintenance back in the '60's.

Was in from 1955 to 1975,security police, also 2 years Air National . Sampson afb, plattsburgh afb, osan Korea, France, Germany, Fairchild afb, malstrom afb, Montana ,1963 to 1965,minuteman site. Retired from Travis Afb, ca.

Was in from 1955 to 1975,security police, also 2 years Air National . Sampson afb, plattsburgh afb, osan Korea, France, Germany, Fairchild afb, malstrom afb, Montana ,1963 to 1965,minuteman site. Retired from Travis Afb, ca.
Must have just missed each other at MAFB. I got there in November '65, and left January '69 (MacNamera gave us a six-month early out if we weren't going "career reserve". New Years Day 1969 it hit -52 F. in Great Falls!
Again, welcome to the hobby!

Back