Hello there!

pilot2fly

Hello everyone,

My name is Jon and I'm from NC. I have dabbled in model railroading a bit here and there, but I'm a complete newbie! I am slowly working to create a functional layout. I've decided to go with a 1860's theme and am on the lookout for some locomotives and passenger/freight cars.

Hoping to use the forums to learn more about the hobby!

Welcome to the group jon! Whats your choice of scales, and how much room do you have? Lots of knowledge, and experience here. Be sure to post lots of photos along the way to show us what you are up to.

Welcome.gif Welcome aboard. Nice to have you with us. If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask. There are many years of experience here in the forum and a lot of folks to help if you need it.

Thanks guys. I've decided to go with Atlas Code 55 sectional track in N scale. I'm going to start small and work my way up. I am starting with a 2x5 layout, but will expand in the future. DC for now, but will wire it so that I can "plug and play" DCC when it comes later. I've ordered my initial supplies and am working to get a Bachmann GP35 Reading Line from a guy online, so we will see! I've read the issues with pizza cutter wheels, so if I have any issues, I'll order some low profile wheels.

Here is some of the photos I have taken of the items I just purchased. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181128-123238_eBay (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20181128-123238_eBay (1).jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 202
  • Screenshot_20181128-123259_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20181128-123259_eBay.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 205

Back