Hello gang. I'm back since 2012. I sold my whole HO Scale layout in 2012 to everyone in this Forum. It only took 3 months total.

Larry Creel

Gulf-Atlantic-Pacific
Hello gang. I'm back since 2012. I sold my whole HO Scale layout in 2012 to everyone in this Forum. It only took 3 months total. I said I was never going to start a layout again. I had to eat my words in 2017 when I started another layout again & had to start from Scratch. It took about 3 yrs to get back up to buying everything I needed. I bought Bachmann EZ Track to start out from a Guy on FB. There was 89 pounds of Track & all kinds of Turnouts, Crosses & many track accessories. Then I started buying Junk Athearn Engines & rebuilding them. Then I started buying old freight cars & rebuilding those. For about 6 months I worked on engines & cars & rebuilding another RR Empire. This layout was 20ft wide & 36 ft. long. I was only going to buy 15 engines or less & now have 65 engines, 320 freight cars & 36 passenger cars. I also bought NS Flex, Brass Flex & a mess of #4 & #6 Turnouts in Brass & NS. Well, all that Know me I was living in Arcadia, Fl., but now I live in Covington,Ga. My wife died in Jan. of 22 & I moved up here w/my Sis in Oct. My disassembled Layout is still in Florida in storage & I'm trying to get a building put up to start a new layout. I hope the building is up & ready by May of "this" year. Been hard going to find a contractor. The building was supposed to be 20ft wide & 35 ft long, but I had the property surveyed & had to downsize it to 18ft wide & 20ft long. I'll make everything work.

Welcome back Larry, from one of the members who helped get rid of your stuff. First off, my condolences on your wife passing to our maker. Nice to read that you are rejoining us, both hobby-wise and as a member of the forum. You'll find many of the same members still here, but there's a whole lot of newer guys and gals that inject new ideas all of the time. I have used all of the vehicles that I received from you, including the 1/100 ones that you warned me about. I am daily using one of the DC walkaround memory throttles and the other one is hooked up but I can only concentrate on one train at a time. I still have some retaining walls and telegraph poles that I haven't used, but have only scenicked 2/3 of the layout so far. I wish that I had been quick enough to get some of the Walmart trucks though.
Again, welcome aboard and good luck with the building.

Welcome back Larry, from one of the members who helped get rid of your stuff. First off, my condolences on your wife passing to our maker. Nice to read that you are rejoining us, both hobby-wise and as a member of the forum. You'll find many of the same members still here, but there's a whole lot of newer guys and gals that inject new ideas all of the time. I have used all of the vehicles that I received from you, including the 1/100 ones that you warned me about. I am daily using one of the DC walkaround memory throttles and the other one is hooked up but I can only concentrate on one train at a time. I still have some retaining walls and telegraph poles that I haven't used, but have only scenicked 2/3 of the layout so far. I wish that I had been quick enough to get some of the Walmart trucks though.
Again, welcome aboard and good luck with the building.

Glad to see you are still here after all these years. LOL. I started buying the smaller Hotwheels & Matchbox cars to use on the layout in 2017. Then in 2019 a friend gave me 50 HO cars that I haven't used yet. I think I will probably still use the Hotwheels cars & trucks & use the HO cars & trucks as background vehicles. When I got back in the Hobby I found a MRC 9500 & then was still looking for an MRC CM20 walkaround that you got from me. It took about 2 yrs to get another one brand new from a Hobby shop going out of business. then in Aug. a friend brought me another one that had some problems which I fixed. So, now I have 2. Plus I got another 9500 for free from another Friend. So far I've been real lucky getting free stuff from people getting out of MRR'ing since Covid. I'm still only running DC. Since April of 2017 I have rebuilt about 50 Athearn Diesels. I wish I could have saved hundreds of pictures of the layout that was on FB & should have copied all of them like I did w/the 2012 Layout, but someone blocked me on FB & moved all my photo's over to their group. As soon as I get started again I will be posting almost everyday.

Welcome back Larry. My condolences.
I'm just getting back into it after selling my stuff 4 years ago. I didn't expect to be in my own home with a basement when I got rid of it but here I am. I swear I'm going to pay more attention to scenery this time. Well see. I love repairing cheap locos and cars. It's hard to ignore the bug. Let's have some fun!

The courses of life Larry.
I lost my wives in 2001 then 2010. Decided no more marriage. Just too much pain in losing them.
Bought a new house specifically for a 2000 square foot basement layout and a large garage to maintain a touring motorcycle and immersed myself in my lifelong hobby and my lifelong riding interest.
Ya don't forget but ya move on in life.

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE RETURN INVITE & the Condolences. I still think of my wife almost everyday. We would have been married for 63 years in June of 22. We never had kids, so I had to make up for it by Building Hotrods in the 50's,,60's & 70's. We rode Motorcycles for almost 20 yrs off & on. All Honda's--305 Dream---350 Scrambler & a 500 Honda 4cyl. that I customized. Owned a Welding shop for almost 35 years & a Speed shop for about 10 yrs. Lived in Miami Florida from 1939 to 1971. Moved to Arcadia,Fl. in 1971 & moved up here to Covington,Ga. in Oct. of 22.
I made metal Sculptures from 1969 to 2019 in Miami & Arcadia,Fl. I started Scrap Metal Art Studios in 2014 on Facebook & gave it away in 2019. I also had 3 other Groups on Fb. the Coloring Guy---GAP Model railroading & Model railroading & legos 2023. I think FB deleted all of them except the Metal Art Group. I got completely away from FB last month.

Back