Good Bye My Friend, See You on the Other Side.

So sorry to hear. A loss to the forum, he was always on here. Deepest sympathy to his family.

Brad

Does anyone know of what faith and practice that Jeff held to? From the sister's message "please light a candle for Jeffery" phrase I would guess Christian faith and of Roman Catholic or Lutheran practice. There are churches where I could light a candle for either of those on my commute home.

Iron Horsemen I am not sure of Jeffery's religion, but I believe you are correct in your assumption. As a Catholic myself I would say either would be fine because both the Catholics and the Lutherans bless the candles in the name of the trinity. We even accept each others baptisms and other rites as well for the same reason.

Considering he was from Louisiana I would think it is likely he is a Catholic.

Bless you for being such a considerate man.

Does anyone know of what faith and practice that Jeff held to? From the sister's message "please light a candle for Jeffery" phrase I would guess Christian faith and of Roman Catholic or Lutheran practice. There are churches where I could light a candle for either of those on my commute home.

Hi IH,

I assume Jeffrey was Christian but not sure of what denomination? I sent off a text message to one of his sisters and will let you know what she says. I believe she, 'Lael', was the one that mentioned about lighting a candel?

Ok, Iron Horseman,

Per his sister Lael, Jeffrey was of the, 'Cherokee Religion', being in the light of the Sun, Moon and Stars all around!
I also do remember mentioning he was of Cherokee Indian blood now that Lael mentioned this.

I feel very certain that no matter where your Lighting a Candle the thought will get through. We all pray to the same God being of the Christian Faith and very possibly even the Cherokee Faith. I also believe that was, would be, very much the same for Jeffrey. I know I talked with him a number of times and he very much had a social conscience and deeply disturbed about the way things were going in this nation.

I started this thread because I know not everyone visit's the coffee shop.

We lost a great friend, a great modeler and an all around great man today. He was and always be an inspiration to us all.

This was posted in the Coffee Shop:
"Jeffrey past away this morning on December 15, 2014. please light a candle for Jeffrey so he can have a light for his safe journey. If you want to send card or flowers you can send it to this address 142 cableloop, Leesville, la 71446

Thank you, little sister"

I am deeply saddened and I will miss him greatly.

Louis

Thank you for posting this Louis, I don't know how I missed your post yesterday other than dealing with the spammers and moderated posts. It's very sad news to receive and I know he sure will be missed by all. I watched his first attempts at weathering from the start to just lately which I watched with envy. How he got all that modelling in such a small place is still a wonder to me. I'm sure we will all grieve his passing.

Willis

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sad to hear this news. He always seemed like a nice and solid guy -- and of course a brother model railroader. Bless him and his family.

Let's not forget that before his illness prevented him from doing so, he also served his community as a firefighter.

I was truly amazed how much he accomplished with limited resources, as well as how he dealt with and handled adversity, especially in the last 18 months or so. While I feared that his sudden disappearance from the forums was not a good, sign, I really felt he would pull through, because he never quit.

Rest in Peace, Jeffrey, Rest in Peace.

Joe

I'm very sorry to hear this sad news. May God be with Jeffery on new journey.
Jeffery was always here when I first joined this forum and I had noticed his participation had dropped off as of late. He always did a lot with a little and I think his railroad and other interests kept him going. Always colorful and creative, he was one of the people that made me want to be part of this. Rest in Peace my friend.

Rest in peace friend. Havent been able to get on here much due to work, but knew he had health issues. Just expected him back, he was tough and allways pulled thru. Allways enjoyed his posts. Godspeed Jeffery, will miss you.
Rick

Jeffreys' Memorial Service

Lael Alston - Jeffreys' little sister, as she puts it, wanted me to let every one know about his Memorial service.

This is the information she sent:
Please let everyone who knew Jeffrey know his memorial service will be held at:

Labby Memorial Funeral Home
in
Leesville, La at 11:00 am on December 23, 2014.

And i thank everyone for there responses. This as been a big help to me.

In appreciation,

Lael

Very sad news. I didn't frequent the Coffee Shop, but knew of his railroad and modeling thru WPF. I was wondering where he's been, just recently. He had a lot of ideas which didn't cost and arm or leg to implement. I'll miss his postings. RIP.

Jeffery is a guy I never knew or even met, but the warm outpourings of love for him posted here make it clear that I missed knowing someone I would have liked to have known. Since heaven wouldn't be heavenly for any of us if there weren't model trains in it, I wonder what he gets to play with up there.

Thank you for posting the link to his guest book Ken

Don't worry about the smile, Jeffery will enjoy that.

Back