Going right through the wall.

sinebar

I am reconfiguring my HO layout. I am converting it to a shelf type along the wall. It will start in my living room and end in my dining area. Anyway I need to go through a wall. Is there a tunel kit that is made for disguising a hole in the wall? Or any other ideas are welcome.

Or, just use a building flat and have the train disappear behind the building in an industrial district. You must either be single or have a very understanding wife. This is the type of track plan expansion that my wife wouldn't look on favorably. :)

On my old O scale layout, We were going to build through a wall to the workbench. We had a hill planned to hide the turnout from the main line to the workbench spur.

I'd say a hill is your best bet. Maybe even an overpass, or heavy forrest, or something like that.

Or, just use a building flat and have the train disappear behind the building in an industrial district. You must either be single or have a very understanding wife. This is the type of track plan expansion that my wife wouldn't look on favorably. :)

Yep I'm single.

-- SNIP-- This is the type of track plan expansion that my wife wouldn't look on favorably. :)

My very precious wife is extremely tolerant and understanding, she was only mildly concerned when I tore out two 10 ' long wall sections. But when I cut a hole through a stub wall, she kinda went postal for a day or so.

A 4' hole in the wall seems to be something they just don't easily cope with.

I like the Portal and the building disguises. I am using both.

Thats what I plan to do, I am just going to use small rocky hills with a tunnel portals and maby a cut to come out in another room. I am single but I live with family. However I am going to inherit the house so I am not to consirned about having tunnels from one room to another. Right now our basement is storage.

Back