Glue question

AllenB

Hey all,
I have some plastic tree armatures that I'm trying to glue clump foliage to. I've tried straight Elmers but the foliage just falls off. I need something super sticky. Gorilla glue seems to foam up after it dries and looks horrible. Glue gun might work but would be time consuming...maybe. Thoughts on this?
Thanks!

I used spray contact cement. Spray the armature and throw some foliage at it. If it looks too sparse, spray it again and add some more foliage. When you are happy with it, to help hold everything in place for a long time, give it a few good squirts of some cheap hair spray.

WARNING - spray contact cement is very volatile and should be done in a well ventilated area away from spark and flame. I usually do mine in the summer out in the back yard.

Mark.

To use Elmer's and have it work, you have to hold the foliage on the branch for a few seconds before letting go. I don't like to use it, but I don't have a choice some days. I prefer Aileen's-comes in a gold plastic bottle.

At our club we used hairspray, spraying in on the armature, then dropping it in a bag of foliage and gently shaking it until you have the coverage you want. Then when you get it where you want it, we spray it again with another fairly heavy coat of hairspray. BTW, use the cheapest spray you can find. It is gooier and holds better.

Try Product 77 or whatever it is called from 3M for the initial spray, dip the armature in your bag of flocking, shake gently, and then overspray with a cheap high hold hair spray.

Cheap hairspray. Spray the armature then add flocking and again spray the hairspray. Did I say use the cheap stuff? That's the best because they really make the cheap stuff thick and hold well. Also be sure you get the pray can and not the pump bottle.
Dave

If you are using armatures like Woodland Scenic and are using clump foliage, Aileen's tacky glue is a must. I use it for many different things on the layout. It's in a brown bottle and sold at craft stores. If you're using trees like Super Trees, then I use cheap hairspray as well.

Back