Fresh from the paintshop

Ronzzr11

I finished my Bachmann Spectrum Dash 8-40CW this week. I got it from a train show this summer,undecorated, but did,nt get decals for it until I went to Pennsylvania in August.
I chose to paint and number it for a Dash 8 I,d seen running through Altoona in 2011.
The decals are Microscale, the paint was all from rattle cans.The snow plow is a Details West part. I need to replace the front hand rails as the Bachmann ones are moulded plastic,and are leaning inwards slightly. I,ll swap them for Athearn metal ones as soon as I get some more.

Ron

Thanks for the comments,its nice to know what I,m doing looks good to other people too !!.
I started with an aerosol white base coat, mainly to get the white front,for the cab roof,masked that off, then I used a Humbrol gloss black acrylic aerosol for the main colour. The majority of the decals were from Microscale,s 87-1225 sheet, apart from the nose decal,which I had left over from another Microscale decal set.I used Microscale,s Microset, and Microsol on the decals to make them sit properly.Once everything had time to set and dry, I used a Humbrol matt varnish aerosol take off the gloss sheen,and to seal in the decals.
I painted the wheels some time ago, with Floquil rust red,from a paint pen, a quick and easy job to do.
To make sure I got my loco as right as I could, I used a photo I took last year,which shows well, how dull,and dirty it looked.
Ron

Good job. Looks fantastic.

Even better in my opinion knowing you did this with rattle cans!!! Gives others inspiration since some ppl do know own a airbrush including myself.

Back