First HO layout underway!

NateJ

Redneck railfan
Getting back into the the game after being out for a while (For various reasons) and just finished the final plan for my HO scale layout.
plan.png

I've had a couple of "Plywood Pacific" projects that never went anywhere as well as a couple of second-hand layouts from Craigslist, but this will be my first serious attempt at an original layout.
The layout is (VERY) loosely based on the MILW line through the Chehalis Washington area and will feature a log transfer, sawmill, and LPG facility as well as a fictionalized (For the sake of space) representation of the BN interchange in Chehalis.

Lookin good!
Its almost guaranteed to change as you go, keep us posted!
For sure. The placement of the buildings, roads, and trees is just temporary of course. The only change I foresee myself having to make might be adding a second stub track the sawmill area (The one stub track on the left) so I can have woodchip cars and a loader for the chips.

All except the 12' side as it will be against a wall. The curved cutout should allow me to access the far side though. Everything else will be accessible as is.
Awesome! I was a little concerned about the reach in some areas, but access to 3 sides will help a great deal.

Looks like you have put a lot of thought into this.

When do you look to get started on this?

Awesome! I was a little concerned about the reach in some areas, but access to 3 sides will help a great deal.

Looks like you have put a lot of thought into this.

When do you look to get started on this?
I plan to have all the switches be remote operated (Budget allowing) so hopefully won't have to access the far side unless it's an emergency.
In layman's terms, the benchwork will just two 4'x8' tables in an L shape with one having an accessibility cutout. The table that doesn't require the cutout is already built, I'm just waiting on a bit of a financial break so I can buy the materials to build the other table.

Back