firs try at DCC, not so hot

Jim, thanks. desided to skip on those 121's

no to dilute the other decoder discussion.

i think i read somwhere about DCC manufacturer that replaces damaged decoders of any brand for flat fee. is it digitrax? or am i under wrong impression? any way to "trade in" the 4 unknown ones i have that knows knows off?

Digitrax will also replace any decoder for $17 but you can buy a basic Digitrax DH123 for as little as $14, so it's hardly worth it. I'd be interested in what NCE's replacement would be. I've used both Digitrax and NCE decoders and like both equally well.

NCE's replacement is a D13SRJ with harness, so its definitely worth what your getting for $12, a 4 function decoder.:cool:

Not bad, although the price curve is catching up. You can get the 13SRJ for about $14 each in 4 packs or $15 a piece if you buy in singles. It's hard to believe that decoders, in general, have become so inexpensive so quickly.

thanks guys just wanted to make sure i'm not misunderstanding anything. 12 per decoder sounds awesome.

BTW, it seems like NCE's D13 lack BEMF compensation. is it so or is it me missing something in documentation? i guess i can live without it but...

Not bad, although the price curve is catching up. You can get the 13SRJ for about $14 each in 4 packs or $15 a piece if you buy in singles. It's hard to believe that decoders, in general, have become so inexpensive so quickly.

to tell the truth i don't see what would be so crazy expencive in there. small piece of PCB,chips are chip as chips (lol). RnD and the software development cost was gradually covered over time so they can be offered cheaper...

Last edited by a moderator:
NCE's replacement is a D13SRJ with harness, so its definitely worth what your getting for $12, a 4 function decoder.:cool:

Do they send D13SRJs for ALL decoder replacement requests? If I send them a busted 6-function decoder, will they send me an equal 6 function decoder, or will I only get a 4 function decoder?

Time to start digging out those old Lenz economy decoders (the ones with only 1 lighting function, meaning no direction headlights)

Back